Nintendo is headed to San Diego Comic-Con for a few days of fun, sun and Nintendo Switch gaming. During the July 18-21 show, Nintendo’s booth at the San Diego Convention Center will focus exclusively on the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order game, which launches during the show on July 19 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system. But to access even more games, Nintendo also encourages fans of all ages to visit the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive, directly adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center. Access to the lounge is free and open to everyone.
“We are excited to give everyone a chance to play some of the newly announced games that will be launching later this year and check out what’s currently available on Nintendo Switch,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We also have a variety of fun activities lined up for the show, and our aim is to bring a smile to everyone’s face.”
At the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina, Nintendo Switch games scheduled to be playable include Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Super Mario Maker 2, MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order and Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda. Not only will MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order be playable at the convention center, but the game will be featured in the Marvel Games panel taking place at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 18, in Hall H.
Over at the Mattel booth in the convention center, fans can check out the all-new Hot Wheels Mario Kart die-cast vehicles and tracksets. Attendees can also purchase a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive item: a Metal Mario die-cast car and glider. Best of all, the purchase may contain a surprise! One out of every 10 vehicles sold will be a special Gold Mario! The vehicles will be sold exclusively at the Mattel booth for $20 while supplies last.
Other goodies and activities that visitors might encounter in the Nintendo Gaming Lounge include:
- Southwest Airlines: Two Super Mario Maker 2 kiosks will feature a custom Southwest Airlines course. Consumers will be encouraged to participate in open gameplay sessions July 18-19. On July 20, fans who are 13+ can visit the Nintendo Gaming Lounge and play Super Mario Maker 2 to enter for a chance to win a Nintendo Switch prize pack, which includes a Nintendo Switch system, a digital version of the Super Mario Maker 2 game and a $500 Southwest Airlines gift card.*
- Costumes: Representatives from Disguise Costumes will be walking around to show off Nintendo-themed character costumes. Attendees might run into people wearing costumes of characters like Mario, Link, Zelda, Toad, Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Rosalina or Yoshi.
- Sugarfina: The luxury candy boutique will debut its new collection celebrating the Nintendo Entertainment System™ and Super Mario Bros.™ Power up with six character-inspired Candy Cubes®, including three new gummies: pineapple Invincible Stars, apple-flavored Green Mushrooms and cherry-flavored Red Mushrooms. The collector’s gift set features the 3-Piece Nintendo Entertainment System™ Console Candy Bento Box®complete with iconic game music and matching 2-piece Controller Candy Bento Box®. The collection hits stores on July 22.
- Hot Wheels: The Nintendo Gaming Lounge is the only place to play with the new Hot Wheels Mario Kart die-cast vehicles and tracksets inspired by iconic courses from the video game. Race Mario and Yoshi as die-cast karts and overcome obstacles and challenges – just like in the game, but this time on Hot Wheels tracks!
- Photo Ops: Fans who stop by the lounge can get fun photos featuring elements from games like Super Mario Maker 2, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Keep an eye open for the Luigi and Gooigi figures.
- My Nintendo Check-In: San Diego Comic-Con also happens to be the same weekend as the final Splatfest for the Splatoon 2 game. To commemorate this epic showdown, attendees can check in with their My Nintendo QR Code at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge to receive an exclusive Splatoon 2 Chaos vs. Order keychain set (while supplies last). For more information about the My Nintendo rewards program, and how to check in, visit https://my.nintendo.com/news.
The Nintendo Gaming Lounge is located in the San Diego ballroom of the Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego. Hours of operation are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Source: Nintendo of America