The mobile return of Boulder Dash is heading to consoles according to Japanese publisher Worker Bee. Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary for Nintendo Switch and other platforms will be at this month’s Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. Hopefully the attendees will get a chance to play the colourful puzzle platformer. Here’s the details:
Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary finds our heroes, Rockford, Crystal, and others, facing a slew of new, exciting challenges in this legendary action puzzler. Dig through spectacular caves with 3D elements; avoid falling boulders and collect valuable gems and avoid nefarious enemies along the way. Discover treasure chests with rare collectibles and potent power-ups. With 280-plus exciting levels, 12-plus new, gorgeous worlds, and 10 playable characters, Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary is the best game in its 30 year history.
- 280 all-new levels with advanced physics!
- 12 Never-before-seen worlds, with new creatures with 3D animations!
- New multicolored gem combos, treasure chests, rare collectibles and spectacular power-ups!
- Premium world by vide ogame legend Peter Liepa who returns to the game he created 30 years ago with 20 of the most mind-bending levels yet!
- Play as Rockford or unlock nine other playable male and female characters including Crystal!
- Free Spins for prizes!
- First Boulder Dash game ever to include diagonal walls and movement!
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian!