Sales figures have come in from Nintendo France for the Nintendo Switch and it paints a good picture for the country. The console has proved to be popular there since launch and so far the Kyoto company has shifted 3.3 million Nintendo Switch systems in France alone. This means that an impressive eleven percent of French households have a Nintendo Switch.
- 1.25 million Switch sold in 2019 (its best year in France so far, 1.1 million in 2018 in comparison)
- 11% of French homes have a switch
- 30% of the users are women, Nintendo is expecting this figure to grow thanks to Animal Crossing
- Pokémon Sword and Shield sold 650k copies in 2019
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold 502k copies in 2019
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 sold 392k copies in 2019
- Ring Fit sold 120k copies in 2019. It’s currently out of stock.