Duke Nukem returns and this time on the Nintendo Switch as the official Twitter account has tweeted that Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour is heading to the platform on Tuesday, 23rd June. You get four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes plus a brand new 5th episode which the team says is scored by Duke Nukem’s theme song author and original game composer. It also includes the original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered. Check out the trailer for Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour down below!
- Switch enhanced: Come to grips with Duke with gyroscopic aiming support, motion controls, and HD Rumble, only on Nintendo Switch™
- Campaign co-op: Enjoy the full campaign with up to eight(!) players in ad hoc multiplayer or with Nintendo Switch Online
- Dukematch: Frag your friends in Duke’s take on classic deathmatch, playable with up eight players over ad hoc multiplayer or with Nintendo Switch Online
- New episode: Created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord®” Gray!
- New weapon: Duke Nukem roasts aliens with the Incinerator
- New Duke Voiceover: Enjoy colorful new Duke talk alongside high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
- New music: The score for Episode 5 was maestro’d by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
- Remastered: Play with the original 1996 look, or enjoy a remastered look in True 3D with higher fidelity and framerate