It wasn’t too long ago that we reported on the upcoming release of a Super Mario edition of Monopoly, but now it seems Pac-Man wants in on the board game action with his own edition. Interestingly, the Pac-Man Monopoly comes with a mini arcade which participants will have to play every time they pass GO. It’s listed on Amazon US, can be ordered now for August delivery and it’ll set you back $29.99. It will be releasing with other major retailers, including Amazon, on 1st August.
Here’s some info from the product page:
- MONOPOLY GAME WITH PAC-MAN THEME: Did you play the classic Pac-Man arcade game back in the 80s? Relive favorite moments with this Pac-Man themed Monopoly Arcade board game
- ARCADE IS BANKING UNIT: In the Monopoly Arcade Pac-Man game players play for points instead of money. Earn points by buying Levels and playing mini games of Pac-Man on the banking and arcade unit
- THE GHOST: Players move around the board as Pac-Man, and also move the Ghost token on their turn. The Ghost Die determines how far the Ghost token moves
- POWER UP, POWER PELLET AND MAZE SPACES: Players move around the board and can advance to or steal a Level depending on the space they land on. If they pass or land on Go they get to play Pac-Man
- FOR PAC-MAN FANS: Players insert their plastic arcade coin into the banking and arcade unit to check scores, pay rent, buy, sell, or steal Levels, play mini games of Pac-Man, and more