Publisher G Choice and developer Studio Artdink have announced today that Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World will be released on the Nintendo Switch in Japan on 22nd April. There will be two editions for the Nintendo Switch and they are the standard edition and the special pack editions. The special pack includes a special collector’s box, two art books (one 80 pages, one 40 pages), and of course a copy of the game. The western release for Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World is scheduled for early 2021.
While the story stays true to the origins, there are many updates and features that will be included in the new Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World:
- For the first time ever: Character voices.
- Remastered graphics with a fresh 2.5D design.
- New dynamic and impressive cutscenes and animations.
- Remastered game sounds and soundtrack by Shinichi Sakamoto.
- Additional easy mode, so everyone alike can enjoy the game.