Tom from Miiverse is at it again and has announced that the Kyoto based company has improved the Miiverse Activity Feed. Tom says that starting from today only the newest posts of your online friends and followers will be displayed in the feed. This means that the Activity Feed will load faster, which will come as welcome news by many. This latest update to the social network applies to all versions of Miiverse.
Hello Miiverse, Tom here!
I’m here to bring you…a Miiverse update! We’ve received many requests for improving the Activity Feed. So starting today, only the newest post of your friends and users you are following will be displayed in the feed, which means the Activity Feed will load faster!
This update applies to Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and web versions of Miiverse. That’s all for today, thanks!
Cheers, Josh S for the tip.
A new update has rolled out for Mario Kart 8, version 4.1. It’s a pretty small update that just fixes some general bugs. The update has:
- Improved the overall gameplay experience
- 200cc and Mirror Mode are now immediately unlocked
So now you don’t have to earn all the gold trophies in 150cc to be able to play 200cc and Mirror Mode!
Nintendo has released a global update for the four mainline Pokemon games. Version 1.5 for Pokemon X & Y and Version 1.4 for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby can now be downloaded directly from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. While it’s not known what changes have been made to the games, it appears various bug fixes are included, along with an update to parts of the game text.
Pokemon fans will need to download the recent updates before playing online – whether in battles, trading via Wonder Trade, or redeeming any event Pokemon through Mystery Gift. Pokemon X and Y players must have at least 246 blocks available on the 3DS SD card, while the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby update requires 271 blocks to download. Earlier this month, the Pokemon Company revealed a new psychic-dark cross Pokemon named Hoopa Unbound, which will only be available for Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby owners.
If you played with Mewtwo after the launch of the character in Super Smash Bros last week, you may have noticed some glitches and bugs playing with the character online, and on various other modes. Nintendo Japan said they were working to fix the the problem and now they have! The new update 1.0.7 went live today and fixes all the bugs, allowing you to play with Mewtwo safely without any problems, for both 3DS and Wii U. The 3DS update is 1700 blocks, and the Wii U update will take up 21MB of space.
Nintendo has unleashed a brand new update for both Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS. Once you load the game up you will be prompted to update to Version 1.0.6 and once you do it you’ll be able to redeem your Mewtwo codes, which have already begun shipping out to people. Here’s what’s available in the latest update for Super Smash Bros.
Ver. 1.0.6 [Released 04/15/15]
- Users will be able to purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop.
- Share mode has been added:
- Users will be able to post photos, replay data,Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
Added 6 new 8-Player Stages
- Users will be able to post photos and Custom stages to Miiverse from within the game (Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Communityand Custom stages will be posted to the official Stage Sharing Community
- Users can download data from the server to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if there is an activation button in the images posted on Miiverse.
- Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data with users on their Nintendo 3DS Friend List.
- Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
- It may take some time to receive the data
- Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
- Omega Stages:
- Delfino Plaza
- Port Town Aero Dive
- Woolly World
- Orbital Gate Assault
- Wii Fit Studio
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Nintendo has just released Code Name STEAM Version 1.1.0 on the eShop. You will be pleased to know that the update allows you to speed up alien movement while the enemy turns are taking place. The latest update for the game takes up 27 blocks of space. You can read the official patch notes for the game, below.
A new software update is now available for the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. game. This update adds a fast-forward button to speed up alien movement on the enemy turn.
When playing on a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, or Nintendo 3DS XL system, the fast-forward function roughly doubles the speed of the enemy turn.
When playing on a New Nintendo 3DS XL system, the fast-forward function roughly triples the speed of the enemy turn.
One of the things that was admittedly overlooked during last night’s Nintendo Direct presentation was the announcement of a new Super Smash Bros patch. The new patch, which is due to be rolled out on April 15th, includes a number of requested features including tweaked character balancing and additional sharing functionality. Sounds like it should be a good update.