If you picked up Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash when it launched yesterday, you may have noticed a surprise waiting for you. An update was released just in time for the game’s launch, bringing it to version 1.0.1. According to Nintendo, the update is simply to make adjustments that provide “a more pleasant gaming experience.” For those of you who purchased the game, can you confirm this pleasant experience?
As promised Nintendo has issued a substantial update to Super Mario Maker. It brings the version to 1.20 and includes a number of highly requested features including mid-level checkpoints, a hard mode in the Gnat Attack mini game, and stackable power-ups. If you want to read all the details then you can find them, here.
On Nov. 4, a free software update for the Super Mario Maker game brings new content to the hit title for the Wii U console. These include the ability to add mid-level checkpoints to levels, as well as the addition of Course World categories that highlight new levels from Nintendo and partner creators outside Nintendo. To date, players have uploaded more than 3.3 million levels globally, and these new features add even more ways to play and create in the game than ever before.
With the addition of mid-level checkpoints, users now have the option to add flags to their levels, allowing players to start at the selected point if they lose a life – rather than having to start over at the beginning of the level. Players can choose to edit and re-upload their own levels, or create new levels from scratch using this feature. Shaking an arrow sign item from the course parts palette will allow you to place a checkpoint flag.
Following the update, players can also insert power-ups that are dependent on Mario’s status. For example, by attaching a Super Mushroom to a Fire Flower and placing it inside a block, Mario will receive the Super Mushroom when he is small, and the Fire Flower when he is large.
The software update also introduces Event Courses in the game’s Course World online hub. Event Courses will feature levels from partner creators outside Nintendo. One of the first Event Courses will be “Ship Love,” the winning level from the “hackathon” event that was held at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park earlier this year. Facebook is the first outside partner in the United States to design a level for Super Mario Maker; employees had the opportunity to design and present their creations to a panel of judges before the winning level was selected.
The level that was featured in the final round of the Omegathon event at this year’s Penny Arcade Expo event will also be available for players to experience shortly after the update goes live. New Event Courses will be added to the listing on an ongoing basis, some of which may even feature new Mystery Mushroom transformations. Additionally, a new Official Makers section in Course World will be added after downloading the update, featuring specially selected courses, including some created by Nintendo.
Now might be a good time to jump back into Splatoon if you’re looking for brand-new content to experience in the game. Splatoon’s massive update – version 2.0.0 – is out now and implements a slew of new features into the game. Notable additions include two new matchmaking options, new weapon types, new background music, an increase to the game’s level cap and over 40 pieces of new gear. A full list of what Splatoon’s latest update brings can be read below:
- Users can create a squad with friends and battle against other squads in Ranked Battle.
*Squad Battle can be accessed by players who are at level 10 or higher.
*Once a squad is created, friends of friends will be able to join the squad.
*Passwords can be set if users wish to only play with specific friends.
*Squad Battle can only be played against other users who are playing Squad Battle. (Ranked Battle players will not be matched up with Squad Battle players.)
- Users are able to create a Squad of 4, Squad of 3, or Squad of 2.
*Squads of 3 may be matched up against Squads of 4.
*When a Squad of 3 plays against a Squad of 4, the game will be set so the Squad of 3 respawns faster, but in general, the Squad of 3 will be at a disadvantage.
*Squads of 2 will be matched up with three other Squads of 2, resulting in a match between “Squad of 2 x 2” vs “Squad of 2 x 2”.
- In Private Battle, friends can play in private, customizable matches.
*Friends of friends are able to join.
*Passwords can be set if users wish to only play with specific friends.
- Users are able to level up to level 50.
*This will be unlocked once players reach level 20 and go to the lobby.
- Users are able to achieve rank S and S+.
*Rank S and S+ can only be attained by playing Ranked Battle, not through Squad Battle.
*Once users reach rank S and S+, the rank will no longer be affected by the results of Squad Battle.
- Changed the calculation method for Rank Points based on the results in Ranked Battle.
- Users will be sent back to the lobby when their ranks change in Ranked Battle.New Gear
- New gear has been added, which will appear in the in-game shop at random.
New Background Music
- New BGM has been added, which will play during battles at random.
- During the results of Splatfest, the winning percentage will be multiplied by 4 rather than 2.
- Urchin Underpass: Overall layout has been adjusted in all modes.
- Saltspray Rig: Adjusted stage layout in Tower Control.
- Arowana Mall: Adjusted stage layout in Splat Zones.
- Kelp Dome: Adjusted stage layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
- Moray Towers: Adjusted stage layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
Special Weapon Adjustments
- Adjusted the points needed to use Inkzooka from 180p to 220p.
- Adjusted the points needed to use Point Sensor from 180p to 200p.
- Adjusted the points needed to use Killer Wail from 180p to 160p.
*The above numbers apply when users do not have the Special Charge Up ability equipped.Sub Weapon Adjustments:
- Splash Wall: Correct the amount of damage done by bombs when they are thrown against the Splash Wall.Ability Adjustments
- Tenacity: Adjustments have been made so the special gauge begins to fill up after the battle begins, rather than starting prior to the battle.
- Special Charge Up: Adjustments have been made so the special gauge will fill up in amounts consistent with the amount of area inked.Sound Effects Adjustments
- Adjusted the sound effects for Inkstrike so it can be heard when it is about to strike on the left, right, or back of the player.
- Adjusted the sound effects for some of the longer range weapons so it can be heard from far away when it hits.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
A free software update in the Splatoon game for the Wii U console brings a large amount of new content to the game today, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level cap and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Players will now be able to create a winning strategy and fight to be the best and most battle-tested squid squad around.
The new update introduces Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.
In Private Battle, friends can splat it up in private, customizable matches. Two to eight friends can battle together by selecting their favourite map, mode and weapons. The number of participants ranges from 1v1 to 4v4, but teams don’t have to be even: If the host chooses, he or she can select a 1v4, 1v2, or any other combination of players.
With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ (both higher than A+).
While Inklings around the world are enjoying and mastering the current arsenal of weapons inSplatoon, two new weapon types will be available with the update, adding a new layer of strategy to the game. The bucket-like Slosher weapons hurl ink straight ahead at an impressive range. By adjusting the angle, these new weapons can be used to splat opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall. With the Gatling-style Splatling, players can charge blasts of all-powerful ink. A maximum charge unleashes the full potential of this particular weapon type. In addition to the new weapons, more than 40 pieces of gear, including everything from a leather jacket to a sushi-chef costume, are coming to the various in-game shops in Splatoon.
Despite its size and scope, this massive update is not the end of the splat-acular free content coming to Splatoon. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and fall, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. More details about these additions will be revealed in the future.
Popular YouTube channel GameXplain have had the opportunity to go hands on with the hefty Splatoon update which is due to drop tomorrow. The channel has extensive battles with the recently announced Slosher & Heavy Splatling. There’s also a tour of the new and improved Urchin Underpass. Here’s the videos that are currently available.
On August 5th Splatoon will be getting a huge update which brings a large amount of fresh new content to the game. As you can see from the patch notes – which are detailed below – there’s a comprehensive amount of changes including Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. If you want to know about everything that will be appearing as part of the content update then read on.
– Level cap has been increased to LV50.
— At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.
Ranked Battle Changes
– S and S+ ranks have been added.
— you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Battle (not Squad Battles).
— you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.
– Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Battle.
– If your rank changes while playing in Ranked Battle, you will automatically be returned to the lobby.
– New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.
– New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.
– At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.
– Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.
– Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.
– Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.
– Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
– Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
Special Weapon updates
– Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.
– Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.
– Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.
※Numbers reflect rates before Special Charge Up is applied.
– Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.
– Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.
– Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.
Battle SFX updates
– Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.
– Made it easier to hear SFX from certain long-range attacks.
– Other quality of life updates.