Nintendo of America has announced that The Wonderful 101 is set to receive an update today in North America and possibly Europe. Platinum Games say they have repaired the bug that disabled users from obtaining the Wonderful Figure No. 24 depending on the progress. The update also adds improvements to overall software usability. The update should automatically pop up on your Wii U system.
Two Tribes, the development team behind Toki Tori, has announced via Twitter that sales of the game have risen by an impressive 8027% following the new Toki Tori 2+ update and the eShop sale. The game has received a huge sales spike after releasing the big update for the game and discounting the game’s price. You can view the changes that the new update brings in the video above.
Nintendo has provided another welcomed update for users of its Miiverse social network on Wii U. The latest update allows users to directly post on their friends feeds without the need to post directly into Communities. You can now chat with friends without having to enter a dedicated community, making the social network more like Twitter.
Nintendo has released a downloadable update for Nintendo 3DS that will add new functionality to the handheld system. Items featured in the update include: Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to change the expression of their Mii character when they meet another user’s Mii via StreetPass. Additional updates to StreetPass Mii Plaza can now be made without requiring an update to the overall Nintendo 3DS system. Four new StreetPass-enabled games will be available for purchase through StreetPass Mii Plaza for Nintendo 3DS owners who have completed this update: StreetPass Squad, StreetPass Garden, StreetPass Battle and StreetPass Mansion.
- In StreetPass Squad players blast their way through enemies in a scrolling space shooter with the help of StreetPass characters. StreetPass Garden challenges players to grow a garden of flowers and cross-pollenate them with the plants of visitors that they meet through StreetPass. Players collect troops through StreetPass inStreetPass Battle, clashing with other warlords to take over the world. StreetPass Mansion lets players design and explore a multi-level mansion using rooms and hallways received from StreetPass characters. Completing accomplishments within these four additional games unlock new full-body outfits and hats for their Mii characters.
- Save data for most downloadable Nintendo 3DS and Virtual Console software can be backed up and restored.
Wii U users who’ve downloaded Wii Street U can update the application to receive new features. After performing the update, you’ll be able to take pictures of places you’ve visited and post those pictures onto Miiverse. Below is a list of what features the update adds to the app. For those who don’t know, Wii Street U is currently a free download from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Can register places as favorites
- Nine new recommended spots added
- Miiverse support
- Take pictures of places and post them to Miiverse, can view others’ contributions, as well
- Can tag your pictures with your thoughts. The tags include “normal,” “awesome,” “beautiful,” “unusual” and “scary”.
- Can also view pictures based on a certain tag
- Can now “spoiler” your images as well, which covers up the image with a question mark
European Wii U owners who have been waiting for the Toki Tori 2 patch will be pleased to know that it’s now live and ready to download. The update, which fixes a variety of bugs in the game, is available as of today on the Wii U eShop. The game’s developers Two Tribes say it will be released in North America shortly, but a date is yet to be confirmed.
Nintendo has confirmed that the Wii U will be receiving its major spring system update next week. The update will add new functions and implement enhancements to existing ones. One of the most welcome additions it will bring is quicker loading times when switching between applications or returning to the Wii U Menu. To view a sneak peek of how the update will improve loading times, click here.
Nintendo has announced that there’s a new update available for the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Once players perform the latest update, they’ll be able to play the entire game on the Wii U GamePad, via off-TV play. Furthermore, the update allows multiplayer between Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate players in Europe and North America.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate update alert! Today’s update adds off-TV play and allows NA/Europe multiplayer.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) April 16, 2013
Nintendo has once again updated its social network, Miiverse, with a few new features. One of the new features includes the ability to view all the posts you have given a ‘Yeah’ to. This makes it easier for you to find your favourite posts. Users also have full control over posts which means that you can allow only those who own the software you’re posting about to respond. This can be changed in the user menu. Staff and developers now have a green notice above their profile, which tells you exactly who they work for. Nintendo has also changed the Miiverse setting for users up to 12 years of age. Originally they were only allowed to view posts by friends, but now new users will now have the ”Everyone” option enabled by default. You can view all the new changes in the video posted above.
Developer Shin’en Multimedia has confirmed, via Twitter, that players can perform an update for Nintendo eShop-exclusive title Nano Assault Neo. According to the developer, the update fixes online ranking flags and disconnection issues with the Wii U GamePad. The fast-paced shoot’em’up game can be purchased for $9.99 from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo’s new Wii U console.