Want to know all the important information regarding Nintendo next generation console the Nintendo U? Well here’s a wealth of information about the system posted by the folks over at Neogaf. More information will be posted once it becomes available.
– Iwata believes that the new platform “deeper gameplay” and “wider appeal.”
– Mentions off-hand that it will not come until next year.
– Official name: Wii U
– Controller revealed: Touchscreen, camera, dual-analog, motion.
Microphone, speakers, gyroscope, inward-facing camera
– Backwards compatible with Wiimote, Balance Board, and Wii games.
– New Zelda, Wii Play?, and Wii Sports shown in sizzle reel
– Games playing on TV can be streamed to the controller, games can use both screens (TV and controller), and there will be games made for the controller.
– Smash Bros. for 3DS and WiiU. Both versions cross-compatible.
– Tech demos are playable on the show floor. (New Super Mario Bros. Mii, Shield Pose Demo, Chase Mii, Galactic Fighters)
– Graphics demo shown at conference.
– LEGO City Stories announced for WiiU.
– Batman Arkham City, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Darksiders 2, Tekken announced in develeoper reel. Dirt, Aliens Colonial Marines, Metro Last Light, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge also shown
– John Riccitello appeared on stage, mentioned Battlefield 3 and FIFA in particular. Screen showed Army of Two, The Sims, etc.
– Proprietary iDensity Discs; “large capacity”
– Flash memory, expandable via USB drives and SD cards.
– Release date somewhere between April 1st and December 31st, 2012.
– Supports HDMI output, 1080p