This week’s individual UK charts are now in courtesy of GFK Chart-Track and sales tracker UKIE. In a surprising turn for the UK, four Wii U games are sitting quite comfortably within the top 40, with Mario Kart 8 garnering top speed as the highest entry this week at 20. Not far behind is Nintendo Land – one of the console’s launch games back in 2012 – which comes in at 25, due to a special deal at a number of UK retailers this week. And as always, Grand Theft Auto V refuses to budge in its fifth consecutive week at the top of the chart.
Super Smash Bros also benefits from the boost in Wii U game sales, moving up five places from 32 to 27, while Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker finds footing as a re-entry at 39. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS both slip down to 38 and 32, respectively. The full individual UK top 40 games chart can be found below.
1. (01) [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V
2. (03) [PS4] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
3. (02) [XBO] Grand Theft Auto V
4. (04) [PS4] FIFA 15
5. (05) [XBO] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
6. (06) [XBO] Assassin’s Creed: Unity
7. (09) [XBO] FIFA 15
8. (15)  Minecraft: Xbox Edition
9. (13)  FIFA 15
10. (08) [PS4] The Crew
11. (22) [PC] Football Manager 2015
12. (10) [XBO] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
13. (12) [PS4] Far Cry 4
14. (07) [PS4] DriveClub
15. (28) [XBO] Minecraft: Xbox Edition
16. (27) [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
17. (21) [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
18. (17) [XBO] Far Cry 4
19. (RE) [WII] Just Dance 2015
20. (RE) [WIIU] Mario Kart 8
21. (20) [PS4] Destiny
22. (25) [PS3] FIFA 15
23. (14) [XBO] The Crew
24. (16)  Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
25. (RE) [WIIU] Nintendo Land
26. (18) [XBO] Forza Horizon 2
27. (32) [WIIU] Super Smash Bros
28. (11) [XBO] Halo: The Master Chief Collection
29. (RE) [PS4] Watch Dogs
30. (19)  Far Cry 4
31. (RE) [PS4] Dragon Age: Inquisition
32. (30) [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
33. (RE)  Terraria
34. (37)  Assassin’s Creed: Rogue
35. (RE) [PS4] Alien: Isolation
36. (29) [PS4] Shadow of Mordor
37. (RE) [PS3] Assassin’s Creed: Rogue
38. (35) [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby
39. (RE) [WIIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
40. (RE)  Grand Theft Auto V
You know what always kind of annoys me with these lists? The fact that those multiplats that release on four different systems are all counted as separate games. Fifa, for example.
The reason why we use and publish the individual charts is because it’s the fairest way to present which games are selling the most. Since Nintendo games are usually only on one platform, it balances up the field for those on multi-platforms. The all-format charts for the UK can be found here: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015
Yeah, games on individual consoles would make the list more even, because then the same games woudn’t be dominating the charts all the time…
Nintendoland is still better than anything on ps4 and xb1.
But Bayonetta 2 is better than that. And that’s not on the list, which really gets to me…
Smash fanboy are buthurt lol
Why? it’s on the list, isn’t it???
What is the deal for nintendoland @ GAME?
Deal,what deal? Why haven’t I heard of such a thing???
Good week for Nintendo this week.
I don’t mind this weeks list and last weeks for that matter for one reason…Fifa isn’t number 1. That’s all I care about. As long as no yearly rehash game is number 1, then I don’t mind that GTA V, a game that isn’t a yearly release or rehashed, is number 1, even though it’s not a Nintendo game and I’ve never played the game and have no plans to in the future either. Also, really guys, Nintendo Land, a game that is a launch title is in the top 40 and not Bayonetta 2, a great game that the U.K market should normally go for, no offence to Nintendo Land, but Bayonetta 2 is the better game. Is there an amazing offer on Nintendo Land in the U.K, similar to the Pokemon Black and White 2 last year, that I haven’t heard about? Not that I would go and buy it, I already own it from the Deluxe Wii U bundle at launch…
I can’t believe AC:unity is that high!!! does it means that Xbox one users are ready to play broken games???? Also when you have AC:Rogue which has a much better story and seems to be a more soild game lower than AC:unity you just wonder how people choose their games.
And minecraft PS3 and XB360 edition by now all the UK except me should have a copy for crying at loud.
It’s not surprising the Wii U games start to be in the top 40.
1) people had a wii U at xmas.
2) some were waiting xmas to buy a game.
3) after xmas there is boxing day and January sales.
ac unity xbo is high due to the bundles
dont worry itll drop like a tank soon
ps4 ac unity isnt even in the top 40
It’s happening, the power of the holy N is slowly purifying the corrupted…
The reentry of Wii/Wii U games to the charts have to do with price cuts and deals by certain retailers.
I wonder what the charts will look like a year later, when Zelda, Xenoblade and starfox have came out.
Pingback: UK Chart: la classifica delle vendite della settimana in UK | VG247.it