The recently detailed 2.6.0 update for Splatoon is now available for download. The Wii U shooter’s latest patch includes multiple changes, including adjustments to stages, matchmaking, team assignment and gear ability. A number of enhancements have also been applied to the in-game Splatfest events. For more info, check out the official patch notes below:
- Arowana Mall – The map layout in Turf War is changed as follows:
- The layout will be based on the stage layout in Splat Zones, but the grates that connect between the high platforms in each team’s area will be removed.
- Moray Towers – Changes to the layout in Turf War to match the layout in Splat Zones.
Matchmaking and Team Assignment Adjustments:
- Until now, team assignments in Ranked Battle were completely random, but some consideration will now be given to equipped weapons when assigning teams.
- Ranked Battle Matchmaking will be changed so that players of the following ranks are not matched together.
- S+ and S
- S and A+
- A- and B+
- B- and C+
- This change may be subject to further adjustment depending on changes to matchmaking times that occur as a result.
Changes to Rank Points:
- During Ranked Battles, when a team plays at a disadvantage due to unavoidable issues such as teammates being disconnected, and then loses, the winning team’s points will be decreased by an amount proportional to the time they benefited from the above conditions.
Gear Ability Adjustments:
- Adjustments have been made to the efficacy of certain Gear Abilities.
- During Splatfests what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power.
- Initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank.
- Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.
- The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.
- Until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level.
- The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.