Check Out This Reorchestrated Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Soundtrack Which Was Backed By Over 1,000 Fans

‘Hero of Time’ is an epic re-imagining of the soundtrack to Nintendo’s timeless adventure RPG, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hero of Time is unprecedented in many ways, setting out to arrange and record with a full 64-piece orchestra the most poignant moments from the game. After finding success on Kickstarter with over 1,000 backers contributing over $50,000, this dream has become a reality.

“Orchestral recordings of music from The Legend of Zelda have become increasingly popular over the last several years,” notes arranger and project director Eric Buchholz. “With Hero of Time, we sought to create a single, cohesive experience that weaves all of the complex underlying themes of the game, like impermanence and mortality, with Koji Kondo’s timeless melodies that have become as iconic as the game itself. The orchestration takes an ‘east-meets-west’ approach, with the inclusion of taiko ensembles, eastern woodwinds, and harmonies found prevalent in Japanese film and game scores.”

You can check out the amazing 21 track album here.

1. robfozz says:

Cool can we also back someone to give BotW a soundtrack because it doesn’t have one.

1. Agato says:

That’s something strange, definitely. Though I like the sense of openness it gives (the absence of music). It feels less ‘driven’ the game.

2. Materia Collective says:

We put together a small BOTW album and released it last week! https://swigglesrp.bandcamp.com/album/the-wild-music-from-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

3. Darknova3529 says:

because having the same 40 second loop blasted into your ears for 100+ hours would be a great idea

1. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits at Sony PlayStation 4! Hopefully it will also await us at Nintendo Switch if Nintendo doesn't FUCK things up again!} says:

Well some of us like those Zelda loops. I could spend hours listening to the Fairy’s Fountain theme, for instance. Too bad they got rid of regional theme music. :/ It would have been nice to hear Saria’s Song when traveling through Faron or any forested areas, for instance.

2. NintenMau5 says:

I had the same views as you quite early on in the game but having played around 35 hours of it, I’m quite content with the amount of music in it. The boss battles have some epic scores in and they’ve done a good job of balancing the ambience when you’re exploring.

All opinion though. Shame that none of it is terribly catchy though!

3. Jaded_Drybones says:

I suppose we should buy this OOT soundtrack before Ninty Ninjas strike!

1. Jaded_Drybones says:

Nevermind. Looks like they may have the appropriate licensing for the music, or so I can figure from the fine print.

4. Agato says:

Probably best soundtrack ever (the original).
    I still think Ocarina is the best game of the Zelda serie. It’s a poem.

5. It is also availiable on Spotify.

I do like it a lot, however I would have preferred a slightly different selection of songs…

6. Jaded_Drybones says:

So… I bought Breath of the wild master edition for the switch a few weeks ago, for $17…
    It arrives in a day or so. I am expecting a scam, but…IDk, maybe I’ll get lucky.
    Fingers crossed!

So did you get lucky? Was it not a scam?

7. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits at Sony PlayStation 4! Hopefully it will also await us at Nintendo Switch if Nintendo doesn't FUCK things up again!} says:

Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, & Wind Waker have my favorite Zelda soundtracks. That’s one of the reasons these 3 games are in my top 3 favorite Zelda games. I’m still on the fence about BotW so it’s not in that holy trinity of Zelda just yet.