We have finally received some more details regarding the upcoming 3D Sonic title from the Sonic Team, Sonic Forces. The latest information was contained in Japanese publication Famitsu and it states that the game will be showcased at E3 2017 in June.
- The third character in Forces will be an “unexpected character”. Sonic Boom Sonic is NOT in the game. However, the third character “plays an important role in the story, and embodies the overall features of the game”.
- There is a circular ring of white stars above a Mirage Saloon screenshot in Sonic Mania, suggesting the return of Sonic 3’s bonus stages.
- “The boost system from Sonic Unleashed is present, as well as stages based on reaching the goal and clearing them a certain time limit also seem to be present.”
- “Classic Sonic stages are based on side scrolling 2D action.” Apparently, they will also have a twist.
- Sonic Forces will be at E3 this year.
- Sonic Forces’ story summary from the magazine: “Dr. Eggman took over 99% of the world. Sonic and the “Resistance” members are fighting. Then another Sonic appears…” It then talks about Classic Sonic appearing, Classic and Modern being two different style, and then there being a third one.
- Morio Kishimoto is the director of Sonic Forces. He designed Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic Colors. He also directed Sonic Lost World.
- Sonic Forces has been in development since 2013, and started around Sonic Lost World’s release.
- “Forces was chosen as a subtitle from it meaning “power” and “army”. Two strong forces (Sonic and co vs. Eggman) are facing off in the game.”
- “This time, Sonic is fighting an Eggman who has nearly taken over the world.”
2017, with the release of Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, is a “continuation” of Sonic’s 25th anniversary.
- The game won’t be all dark and gloomy. There are some lighter stages in Forces.