Those of you who are looking forward to Retro City Rampage DX will be pleased to hear that we have a release date for the game on the Nintendo Switch eShop. The hit indie title will be coming to the Nintendo Switch on July 27th for $14.99 / €14.99. Here’s an overview of the game, courtesy of the eShop listing:
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre like it’s 1989. Jump on civilians for coins—then steal their car and outrun the law! Explore the city and complete missions, or just go on a rampage with your weapons, power-ups, and vehicles!
This pop culture send-up includes a full Story Mode of open world adventure, plus Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If that’s not enough, it also packs an interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
- 8-bit open world
- Over 60 story missions
- Over 40 arcade challenges
- Over 25 weapons and power-ups
- Over 50 vehicles to steal and equip
- Over 200 character customizations
- Over 2.5 hours of chiptune music
- Includes “ROM City Rampage” Prototype Version (100-percent 8-bit hardware accurate, could’ve actually been released in 1989)
- Includes official crossovers and mini-games with Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP, and Epic Meal Time