It’s Wednesday so it’s time to see how the various software and hardware have performed in Japan courtesy of the team over at Media Create. It’s been a great week for the Nintendo Switch which has shifted an impressive 73,231 units. The previous week it only managed 43,426 units, which means that stock has finally been replenished.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (Limited Edition Included) (09/28/17) – 87,261 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 18 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/17) – 55,919 (New)
- [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo, 09/28/17) – 41,491 (New)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 29,704 (1,190,563)
- [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (Nintendo, 09/22/17) – 23,543 (76,938)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo, 09/28/17) – 18,357 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04,28,17) – 15,098 (720,741)
- [NSW] FIFA 18 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/17) – 12,616 (New)
- [PS4] Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers (Compile Heart, 09/28/17) – 10,389 (New)
- [PS4] Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (Konami, 09/14/17) – 10,250 (91,446)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 7,615 (598,670)
- [PS4] Destiny 2 (SIE, 09/06/17) – 7,371 (88,688)
- [PS4] Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda Softworks, 09/28/17) – 6,507 (New)
- [NSW] Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. (Capcom, 08/25/17) – 6,350 (146,883)
- [PS4] Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (NIS, 09/28/17) – 5,681 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 5,639 (1,733,552)
- [3DS] The Snack World: Trejarers (Level-5, 08/10/17) – 5,073 (172,833)
- [PSV] Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu: Kanmitsu Hana Emaki (Idea Factory, 09/28/17) – 4,629 (New)
- [NSW] Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco, 09/07/17) – 4,419 (36,085)
- [PS4] Everybody’s Golf (SIE, 08/31/17) – 4,213 (148,645)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- Switch – 73,231 (43,426)
- PlayStation 4 – 22,822 (18,396)
- New 3DS LL – 9,915 (8,726)
- New 2DS LL – 8,359 (8,508)
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 6,547 (5,418)
- PlayStation Vita – 3,732 (3,707)
- 2DS – 1,655 (1,659)
- New 3DS – 392 (379)
- Xbox One – 71 (76)
- Wii U – 68 (56)
- PlayStation 3 – 64 (87)
3DS is rapidly going down. Wow.
Dont worry my Mikey dear, it’s the Home console right now to get all the cheer. As soon as it gets outdated, the 3DS will make the PS portalable fear.
As the 3DS already make fear to the PS portalable.
The 3DS is outselling the PS4 half the time, and vice-versa (including Global Sales). The Switch is just outdoing them all by a blowout.
Since this article is about Japan that’s what I was talking about.
The Switch seems to have already been fully embraced.
3ds sales have been holding pretty steady for a while now. Not sure I’d call the downtrend “rapid”.
Now that the Switched shut up the haters and make them go away, this blog is nothing but fans talking all day
The Switch continues to be a juggernaut in Japan and it’s gonna be worst for it’s competition once Super Mario Odyssey gets released in a couple of weeks
Paidenthuist you are so right, Mario will make the haters get more bad then get frostbite.
12k copies for FIFA 18 in Japan? Certainly “not too shabby” as Zelda so elegantly says.
Well, It’s offical by now specially in japan, Nintendo is back. Good to see them back too.
Snowman ,you gotta come back to Banjo Kazooie so you can help Grunty with her tricks traps and lands.
I cannot let Banjo and that noise bird take the upperhand. Im tired of losing with my powers at hand.
The problem is the claws of some company who is taking your power away from your body.
Hmmm…well I’ve been dormant and not very active…so I can’t grunty. lol
You dont have to say the name, I know who to blame, Banjo-Kazooie is dead all the same.
good to see many of the games on there are switch games. Im surprised to see fifa sales on the switch even made the list