An eagle-eyed Redditor, Pata05, has noticed that the official website for Mushroom Wars 2 now includes a Nintendo Switch logo meaning that we can expect to see the title released on Nintendo’s latest console. The RTS title is also coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and, although we’re not privy to a release date just yet, it looks to offer fans a wealthy amount of modes to enjoy. Read on for a description of the game and to check out some of the key features for Mushroom Wars 2.
Mushroom Wars 2 is an award-winning RTS, newest game of the famous series. Building upon the core gameplay experience that made the original Mushroom Wars so enjoyable, new game will take you and your friends on a journey of mighty hero characters across story-driven campaign of brave Mushroom tribes, and even wilder competitive multiplayer and co-op.
All-new heroes serve as the leaders to your strategic onslaught, lending you a set of unique abilities to unleash as you see fit. Choose the hero that best fits your play style from four different tribes: Shrooms, Proteus Aliens, Shii’Mori Amazons, Grim Necromancers.
- Wild cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes for up to 4 players, including 2v2
- Online ranked matches with league system
- Fierce hero characters who can turn the tide of battle with special skills
- Short-session battles with up to thousands of Mushroom troops
- Local multiplayer for 2 people, replay feature, and spectator mode make it easy to enter the competitive scene
- Story-driven campaign with over 100 missions complete
- Hardcore boss fights
- A large variety of map configurations and modifiers to keep aspiring Commanders on their toes
- Customize difficulty settings for an even more tailored adventure, make your experience more challenging (or easier)