Bristol based indie developer a PrioriDigital is proud to announce that plasma-spewing, bullet-hell twin-stick shooter Aperion Cyberstorm will launch on February 8th 2018.
Exploding onto Nintendo Switch in a shower of screen-filling fracas’ for up to five players, Aperion Cyberstorm challenges pilots to fly through hundreds of maps across three game modes, combining dynamic abilities and elemental effects to brutal effect and endless variety. Whether playing alone or with friends, this co-op shooter will leave players breathless and wanting more – they will uncover a conspiracy in Campaign, survive waves of enemies in Onslaught and fight for the crown in Versus.
Jonathan Price, co-founder and designer said “Prototyping for Aperion Cyberstorm began development in October 2013 as a cooperative space shooter made with the XNA framework and in mid-2014 we decided to move the game from XNA to Unity. This then gave us the ability to bring the game to Nintendo Wii U. During the lifetime of the project, we have revised the release date more times than we would like. The reason for doing so is that we understand that the game may not make back its development costs, which is a reality that a lot of studios face, but we wanted to make a game we could be proud of and that can be played years from now by a variety of people of different abilities.”
Jack David, co-founder and artist added “At aPriori we find joy in making games games and we are delighted to finally be able to bring Aperion Cyberstorm to market this year. The development process has really been a case of life imitating art – as a studio we’ve enjoyed the ride and we hope gamers will enjoy their virtual ride when they get their hands on the code in February!”
- Three modes of play: Campaign; Onslaught; and Versus
- 1-5 player support in all modes
- Campaign mode with ships, abilities, elements, and several difficulty levels to select/unlock
- Onslaught mode with 16 maps of brutal challenge, with enemy compositions specific to each map
- 16 maps in Versus, with a further 16 to unlock through play across all modes
- Optional AI players in Versus mode for constant five player battles
- Reverse controls, auto-activation of weapons and abilities, and scalable text for readability
The game will launch on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U and Steam on February 8th 2018 with Xbox One versions slated for later this year.