The classic Shantae And The Pirate’s Curse is out today on the Nintendo Switch courtesy of the team over at WayForward. To celebrate the occasion the team has put together the following launch trailer showing what gamers can expect from the Nintendo Switch version of the 2D platformer.
Embark on a brand new adventure with Shantae, the hair-whipping belly dancing genie. When she loses her magic, Shantae must team up with her nemesis, the nefarious pirate Risky Boots in order to save Sequin Land from an evil curse. As a pirate, Shantae gains new weapons to advance her quest, slay monsters, battle epic bosses…and hopefully get her magic back in the bargain! But can she really trust her deadliest enemy?
• Travel beyond Sequin Land to cursed islands
• Solve labyrinths and topple bosses to gain Pirate Gear abilities: Flintlock Pistol, Pirate Hat, Scimitar, Risky’s Boots, and even a Cannon!
• Upgrade Shantae’s hair, weapons, and fighting moves
• Locate maps, return lost Heart Squids, and collect powerful loot!
• Unlockable Pirate-Mode and multiple endings
• Humorous cast of characters and an unforgettable soundtrack!
• Includes bonus mini game “Super Shantae Nab!!” • Now with HD Rumble!