Sadly the Capcom Group networks were compromised by ransomware recently but thankfully no customer information was breached. The details of what was found have been published online and are freely available to view (we won’t be posting links) What will be of interest to you is that Capcom is planning a new Ace Attorney collection for the Nintendo Switch platform, which will please fans fo the franchise who were disappointed that we haven’t received one as yet. The Nintendo Switch exclusive Monster Hunter Rise will also be coming to PC in 2021 along with Monster Hunter Stories 2. On the Switch it has been revealed that amiibo support has been planned.
Summary of the leaks (Via Reset Era):
- Resident Evil Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
- New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It’s a Battle Royale of some sort.
- New Ace Attorney collection for PS4 and Switch (AA1-3 and DGS1-2)
- New project codenamed “GUILLOTINE” for Switch in February, other platforms in May
- Unannounced project “Reiwa” in May, no platforms mentioned
- Monster Hunter Rise on PC releasing October 2021(?). Demos for Switch in January and March
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 on PC. Targeting June 2021 Switch/PC release. Single-player, online co-op and PvP modes. Paid DLC expansions, free post-launch co-op quests, cosmetic MTX, and amiibo support planned.
- Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR
- New Shooter Multiplayer game titled “SHIELD” geared towards streamers
- Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
- Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for RE7 VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity.