Monster Hunter Rise continues to see some post-release content. Most of it has been coming in the form of new updates, and some of these updates have been very huge. Capcom typically likes to release updates in the second half of a month, and it just so happens to be late September right now.
So, earlier today, Capcom has released the update. Once you download it, the Nintendo Switch exclusive game should be at version 3.4.1. As for the official patch notes, it’s a long list. The biggest change is the addition of new Event Quests that will be available every week. Besides that, the update contains a lot of bug fixes. The patch notes can be seen down below.
- New Event Quests will be available every week.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Apex Diablos to behave unnaturally when it attacks by swinging its horns several times in a row.
- Fixed a bug causing monsters to enter a “lured” state when the player uses a Wailnard on them while they’re asleep.
- Fixed a bug preventing Narwa’s thunder rings from disappearing if her health drops below a certain point while the rings are being spawned.
- Fixed a bug causing Teostra to be downed without going through a falling animation if the player uses a Flash Bomb while Teostra is breathing fire in mid-air.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing some monsters to face the complete opposite direction when trying to turn towards the player.
- Fixed a bug causing a discrepancy between the player’s equipped weapon type and their equipment info, if the player changes their weapon type right before the return timer runs out after finishing a quest.
- Fixed a bug causing the tired running animation to be cancelled if the player uses or gathers an item during this animation.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to slip after landing, if they cancel the dual blades’ Demon Mode in mid-air, or if they land on a slope after charging the hammer in mid-air.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash if the player joins an in-progress Rampage quest with specific timing.
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer occasionally causing a monster’s mountable state to be shortened depending on the kind of attack it got hit with right before going into said state.
- Fixed a bug causing some hairstyles to clip into the player character’s face while moving.
- Fixed a bug causing the “Bob with Hairband” hairstyle to clip through certain types of head gear.
- Fixed a bug causing punching sound effects to be played when landing hits with the dual blades’ Piercing Bind while wearing the “Akuma” layered armor.
- Fixed a bug causing a difference in the player character’s facial expression when using the “Shadow Box” gesture, depending on whether they’re in the village or in the Training Area/on a quest.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from smoothly throwing a second kunai when using the Radial Menu to throw kunai.
- Fixed a bug causing the increased power of the great sword’s Rage Slash to carry over to other attacks if the player is damaged while performing the action.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect transition timing when comboing from the dual blades’ Right Roundslash in Feral Demon Mode, or the Rising Slash in Demon Mode into the Shrouded Vault.
- Fixed a bug when trying to exit Demon Mode after performing the dual blades’ Shrouded Vault in Demon Mode.
- For the lance’s Twin Vine, the dual blades’ Piercing Bind, and the horn’s Earthshaker, a bug has been fixed causing the silk of these Silkbind attacks to disappear from the screen indefinitely if the player and the silk temporarily go off-camera while performing the move.
- Fixed a bug causing the attack animation of the hammer’s Impact Crater to be cancelled if the player falls off a ledge right after landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug causing the switch axe’s Zero Sum Discharge Finisher to finish before all hits have registered if the attack coincides with a hit stop (the moment the player character briefly freezes when landing a hit).
- Fixed a bug causing the charge blade’s Midair Amped (or Super) Element Discharge to be cancelled after performing the Axe Hopper, if the player falls off a ledge right after landing on the ground.
- Fixed a mistake in the time frame during which the player can combo from the charge blade’s Forward Dodge (in Sword mode) into the Charge.
- If the player launched a Kinsect towards a monster that is moving away from the player, the Kinsect would stop at the position of the monster at the moment the Kinsect was launched. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the voice of another player to be played when sending an Auto Shoutout to all Lobby members in multiplayer.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.