Nintendo has provided an updated list of sales of a number of its key franchises on the Nintendo Switch. The figures provided by Nintendo are all accurate as of 31st March, 2022. This year’s Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which shook up the Pokemon franchise a little giving players more freedom than previous entires, has now sold 12.64 million units. The first 3D Kirby platformer Kirby and the Forgotten Land which launched in March has already sold 2.65 million copies. Here’s a link to the top ten best-selling Nintendo Switch games since launch and here’s the updated sales figures for a number of key games as of 31st March, 2022:
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 13.31 million
- Splatoon 2 – 13.30 million
- Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 12.64 million – New
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 11.43 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 9.43 million
- Mario Party Superstars – 6.88 million
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 4.22 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 3.91 million
- Metroid Dread – 2.90 million
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 2.65 million – New
- New Pokemon Snap – 2.40 million
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 2.35 million
- Miitopia – 1.68 million
- Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain – 1.59 million
- WarioWare: Get It Together! – 1.27 million
- Game Builder Garage – 1.06 million
I crave trusted leakers to reveal info for scarlet and violet and not liars like adrive who say mew is under a truck.
Metroid Dread is now the best selling Metroid game, finally beating Prime 1’s sales. That’s pretty cool.
I thought MK8 delux had almost a 1-1 attach rate at launch. Where is it on the list?
It’s here on the best-selling Switch software list: https://mynintendonews.com/2022/05/10/nintendo-reveals-top-ten-best-selling-nintendo-switch-games-since-2017/
It’s sad to see that New Pokemon Snap has sold “only” 2.4 millions. I mean, that isn’t exactly bad sales, but it’s only a fraction of what the core games sell. Considering New Pokemon Snap is easily the highest-quality Pokemon game in decades, I just wish it’d be more successful. If that were the case, then maybe the core games would start seeing a higher quality as well some day.
That 2.4 million number is only for Americas/Europe region. It does not include sales in Japan.
Maybe. But I’m guessing the overall sales will still be peanuts, compared to the main line games.
I’d like to see the sales numbers for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Legends did really well on it’s behalf. I still enjoy the game completely and the new gameplay style.