Believe it or not, the last time Mario Strikers: Battle League was updated was in September. Since then, Nintendo had remained silent about post-launch content for the game. That changed yesterday, when Nintendo confirmed one more major content update that would be releasing.
They had confirmed that the update was coming tonight, and as promised, the update has been released. Once you update Mario Strikers: Battle League, the game should be at version 1.3.0. As for the patch notes, the majority of it had already been confirmed by Nintendo yesterday. You can see the patch notes in full down below.
- Added “Bowser Jr.” as a playable character.
- Added “Birdo” as a playable character.
- Added the “Urban Rooftop” stadium.
- Added the “Shellfish” gear set.
- Added “Quick Chat” feature to online gameplay. You can now select from four preset messages during each of the onscreen phases to communicate with all players in the match.
- Added a rule to “Match Settings” that limits ? Blocks that appear during a match to only Team-Colored ? Blocks.
- Made other adjustments to game balance and fixed other issues to improve the gameplay experience.