Salty is the self-proclaimed captain of the ocean.
Sega has begun introducing some additional characters in the Sonic Boom universe. The characters include those in the upcoming television show and also from the game. However, they aren’t playable characters. There’s Old Tucker, who is a happy go lucky farmer, and Hayward, the hopeless farmhand. If you want to see all the characters in their cartoon glory then be sure to visit the Sega blog.
Doc Ginger’s strong southern charm and kindness should never be mistaken for weakness.
Former head of Team Ninja, Tomonobu Itagaki, has told Famitsu that he wants Devil’s Third to feature unique online elements. Itagaki revealed to the Japanese publication that the game’s online mode will support up to sixteen players and will feature some unique Wii U GamePad support. He also mentioned that the game takes place in North America. Here’s what Itagaki had to say to the magazine.
“It is our policy to make full use of the hardware’s characteristics. I’m currently thinking along the lines of having something other than having you press down on the Wii U GamePad, and something that will make you say, ‘Oh, I see!’”
“Devil’s Third will have up to 16 players for its online mode, and Itagaki also mentioned that they’ll continue building on it after the game is released.”
Thanks, N-Dub Nation
Yesterday we reported that GameStop were planning to reveal something special and they posted an image to accompany the news which looked suspiciously like an Assassin’s Creed protagonist. This led many to believe that Ubisoft were going to reveal the rumoured Assassin’s Creed Comet for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and possibly Wii U. Well it turns out the big surprise was DLC for Batman Arkham Knight for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The DLC contains playable character Red Hood and is a GameStop exclusive.
Square Enix has confirmed in Japanese publication Jump that Agnes Oblige will be making a triumphant return in Bravely Second. At the moment all we have is the scan, but we should hear some official information from Square Enix themselves sometime next week.
NintenDaan has uploaded some footage from Kirby Fighters Z and Dedede’s Drum Dash Z for the Japanese Nintendo 3DS eShop. Kirby Fighters Z is a Kirby-themed Smash Bros mini-game where you must defeat other Kirby CPUs with a chosen ability and DeDeDe’s Drum Dash Z is rhythm based game. Be sure to watch the videos.
This week’s Japanese charts are now in courtesy of Media Create. Yokai Watch 2 for the Nintendo 3DS remains the best-selling video game by a long shot. Nintendo 3DS sales dropped after last week but remains decent at 37.377. Wii U sales remain steady at 8.209. You can see the Japanese software and hardware charts, below.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 331,946 (1,648,653)
- [PSV] Oreshika: Tainted Bloodblines (SCEJ, 07/17/14) – 93,775 (New)
- [PS3] Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (Gust, 07/17/14) – 43,744 (New)
- [3DS] Gundam Try Age SP (Bandai Namco, 07/17/14) – 21,524 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 14,992 (542,358)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 12,790 (1,208,077)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 9,761 (262,427)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 9,258 (101,478)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 5,714 (69,636)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 5,628 (59,585)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 5,090 (23,659)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 4,925 (4,106,912)
- [PS4] Murdered: Soul Suspect (Square Enix, 07/17/14) – 4,467 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 14 (EA, 02/22/14) – 4,094 (67,541)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,905 (3,311,605)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 3,455 (85,832)
- [3DS] Happe-chan Minna de Odekake! Wakuwaku Hoppe Land!! (Nihon Colombia, 07/17/14) – 3,433 (New)
- [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 2,996 (70,108)
- [PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus, 06/14/12) – 2,929 (304,785)
- [Wii U] Wii Sports Club (Nintendo, 07/17/14) – 2,898 (New)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- 3DS LL – 31,192 (55,531)
- PlayStation Vita – 27,352 (38,907)
- Wii U – 8,209 (8,658)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,389 (7,763)
- PlayStation 4 – 6,456 (7,150)
- 3DS – 6,185 (6,425)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 2,249 (1,803)
- PSP – 556 (779)
- Xbox 360 – 129 (140)
Disney and Marvel have confirmed that Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U this fall. Disney invites players to join Marvel’s newest team in an action-packed space adventure in a battle to defend Knowhere against Ronan the Accuser and his army of Sakaarans. Star-Lord and Gamora are included in the Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set Pack. Rocket, Drax and Groot sold separately. Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC.
- Star-Lord & Gamora are in the playset, while you have to buy Rocket, Groot, & Drax separately.
- Everyone is based off their movie designs except Drax, who draws from his Ultimate Spider-Man design (adding evidence to the rumored/sorta leaked GotG animated series)
- Kid Nova is fully compatible with the GotG playset, even though he’s from the Spider-Man playset.
- There’s a Power Disc that turns the Toy Box into Knowhere, & Knowhere is in the playset, too.
- Cosmo, the telepathic Russian space-dog from the 2008 run, is in the game as the guide for the Guardians, similar to his role in the comics.
- Star-Lord & Rocket got voice changes since their appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man & Avengers Assemble, while Gamora, Groot (at least Kevin Michael Richardson, who replaced Michael Duncan after his untimely death), & I think Drax’s VAs reprise their roles.
HYPER JAPAN 2014 is almost here and to celebrate being part of the event, the Nintendo Official UK Store is offering visitors to the event the opportunity to buy Tomodachi Life on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS for just £17.49. This represents a massive saving of 50% on the current Nintendo Official UK Store price.
To qualify for this offer, visitors to HYPER JAPAN 2014 must present their Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS handheld console at the Nintendo Official UK Store (located on the Nintendo stand). The first 500 qualifying visitors will be offered the opportunity to purchase a boxed copy of Tomodachi Life for £17.49. All other qualifying visitors will be offered the opportunity to purchase a digital version of the game for £17.49. This offer is exclusive to HYPER JAPAN 2014 being held in Earls Court, London and is only redeemable at the event on 25, 26 and 27 July 2014.
Tomodachi Life is Nintendo’s latest quirky edition to Nintendo 3DS & 2DS. In the game, players own bustling fantasy island, which they populate with Mii characters based on their friends, family or anyone they wish – watch crazy things happen as their Mii characters interact! Visitors who already ownTomodachi Life will be able to use StreetPass at HYPER JAPAN 2014 to exchange rare items or explorers.
Those that head to the Nintendo stand will also be able to get their hands on games playable to the UK public for the first time, including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS and Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS. Nintendo will be holding Super Smash Bros. tournaments on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS throughout the day, and only winners of each tournament will get the chance to be able to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in a final, with prizes to be won. Nintendo fans will also be able to put their pedal to the metal and race with friends in Mario Kart 8 on Wii U as well as having an exclusive chance to see amiibo on display at the event, Nintendo’s recently announced NFC-activated interactive figures.
In addition to getting to grips with Nintendo’s latest games, the Nintendo Official UK Store will have exclusive merchandise on sale, normally only available online.
US retail outlet Kmart currently has some good deals going if you’re a Wii U owner. If you decide to sign up for its free Shop Your Way program, and then pre-order two games, you will get $41 back in credit that you can use to purchase yourself another game. Here’s the games that are eligible for the deal.
- Mario Party 10
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Hyrule Warriors
- Bayonetta 2
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Thanks, Jester, Joel, and HeroponLuigi
If you’re attending San Diego Comic Con then you may get the chance to download a demo for Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo is asking fans to take a photo of their whereabouts at San Diego Comic Con, compose a tweet with the photo and the hashtag #BringMeSmash, and a Nintendo employee may decide to come on over and allow you to play a a demo of the highly anticipated game while you’re at the event.
Update: IGN says it’s actually Nintendo employees that will show up with a demo of Super Smash Bros. The winner will enjoy a brief hands-on session as a prize.