Sniper Elite V2 developer Rebellion has released a new trailer for the sniping extravaganza to coincide with the North American launch of the game. The Wii U version of the highly acclaimed Sniper Elite V2 gives gamers an all-new, immersive experience via the Wii U GamePad touch screen. Using the GamePad, players can tag enemies and booby traps, track enemy locations and activity as well as monitor the blast radius of planted explosives, never having to leave the battlefield for a second.
Ubisoft has just released a new Splinter Cell Blacklist trailer which highlights the game’s co-op mode. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist offers two player CO OP mode with 4 mission types, 14 maps with 2 player split-screen. Play as Sam Fisher or Isaac Briggs (a CIA operative) and work as a duo : help your teammate access parts of the maps you couldn’t access on your own, create your own tactics depending on your play style and watch each other’s back as you complete missions.
Warner Bros has released the first trailer for its eagerly anticipated Batman: Arkham Origins. In this first trailer we see Batman go into a long running battle with Deathstroke. It has been confirmed that Deathstroke will be a playable character in Origins, though it’s not apparent if his missions are structured like Catwoman’s Arkham City missions. Batman: Arkham Origins is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Wii U on October 25th.
Thanks, Sam C
Nintendo Europe has announced that a demo for Project X Zone for the Nintendo 3DS will be arriving on the eShop on Thursday. When a rift in time and space suddenly appears, a doorway to various universes is opened allowing both heroes and villains from different worlds to cross paths. Players will be able to take control of a massive selection of heroes including favourites such as Jin and Xiaoyu (TEKKEN), Toma and Cyrille (Shining Force EXA), to X and Zero (Mega Man X) and discover the cause of the rift and stop evil from coming through and spreading into their world. Enjoy over 50 characters from 29 franchises from Namco Bandai, Capcom & Sega, including Street Fighter, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Sakura Wars, Tales of Vesperia and many more.
Nintendo Europe has announced that two Kirby titles will be appearing on the Wii U Virtual Console this week. Kirby’s Dream Course puts a new spin on golf, with Kirby as the ball and enemies as obstacles! Conquer eight different courses packed with water, spikes, conveyor belts and trampolines. Roll Kirby to take out enemies, and then head for the hole that appears. Adjust the angle of movement, add spin and power, and also copy the powers of enemies; such as using a parasol to float, ice to freeze water or fire to burn bad guys! Kirby’s Dream Course also features a two-player mode to compete against a friend.
Kirby Super Star features not one, not two, but six games in one – plus extra modes and minigames – all starring the powerful pink hero with the ability to copy his enemies’ abilities. Each adventure has its own storyline, featuring Kirby battling against classic foes like Meta Knight and King Dedede, and unique gameplay; from platforming to treasure-hunting and even a space shoot ‘em up! A friend can also join in as Kirby’s helper, using their own copy abilities to attack enemies and come to Kirby’s aid.
The latest edition of Iwata Asks reveals that Game & Wario was originally meant to be a pre-installed title for the Wii U, according to director Goro Abe. Game & Wario started life as a game called Pirates which involved players using the Wii U GamePad as a shield to stop arrows that fly towards the television screen. Abe says that they had to refrain from making the game too quirky as it had to have mainstream appeal for consumers.
“At first, the idea was to make a game that would come preinstalled on the Wii U console. I became involved in the project when it was already underway, and I began by asking myself what kind of games the Wii U GamePad might make possible.”
“When I had an idea of the overall direction for the project, I knew that I needed to try these ideas out to see whether or not they would be fun, so I asked Intelligent Systems to work on realizing the ideas I’d had.”
“It wasn’t actually conceived of as being part of the WarioWare series. E3 was approaching, and we began working on something that we could present and which would be easy for people to pick up and play.”
“Our basic premise was that this should be a game that everyone could enjoy. The WarioWare team have always had free reign to come up with all kinds of zany ideas, but we now found that we had to restrain ourselves…”
A number of you have sent in a thread by a Neogaf member from a site that claims to know the content of future Nintendo Direct presentations. I saw the information yesterday, but it looks highly suspect to me. Anyway, be sure to take this information with a grain of salt. We already know that the next few Nintendo Direct presentations will feature a whole host of titles for this holiday season and beyond. The games likely to be shown off include 3D Mario, Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker and Smash Bros. Here’s the rumours.
Late May / First Week of June
- Pre-NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS. Summary: Join us for our worldwide announcement of Nintendo’s E3 Expo plans for June 10th through June 13th. In this direct, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will clarify a few names, logos and release dates for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software that we will be exhibiting at E3. Furthermore, Mr. Iwata-san will detail how our new E3 structure will work including software updates that will allow you to view Nintendo E3 information where ever you go. (Late May, first week of June.)
- NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS Social Software. Summary: Welcome to our first ever Nintendo Direct from E3! Before we announce all of the video game software Nintendo plans to release this Summer and Holiday in 2013, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to go into detail a list of software updates for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and how new social games and applications such as Wii Fit U and Mii Kabuki Theater will leverage those features in the following months. (June 10th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Wii U Zapper. Summary: In our first installment of Iwata’s Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview hardware developers and key software developers at Nintendo R&D to how the Wii U Zapper was designed and created to expand the game-play potential of the Wii U GamePad.
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Disney Interactive Studios. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will talk to our friends at Disney Interactive, investigating how Disney’s newest properties such as Star Wars [unless EA is making a SW game for 3DS, then I'm not so sure about this], Disney Infinity and Planes will offer unique game-play experience on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 10th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Ubisoft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Ubisoft President Yves Guillemot and the rest of the development staff at Ubisoft as they showcase the huge list of games Ubisoft will bring to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platform such as Watch_Dogs and Rayman Legends. (June 10th)
- NintE3do Direct: Nintendo eShop Showcase: [I didn't feel this had enough ground to add into the article, I might post it in a future article.]
- NintE3do Direct: Wii U Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Wii U Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Wii U.First footage will be shown of Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Wii U, Mario Kart U, Yarn Yoshi, and Project X and more as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Nintendo 3DS. More footage will be shown for The Legend of Zelda: Return to the Past, Mario Party 3D, Mario & Luigi’s Dream Team and Pokemon X & Y as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. New unannounced titles for Nintendo 3DS will also be shown. (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Retro Studios: Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview the talented people at Retro Studios as they go in depth on their latest game for Wii U that has been years in the making, a huge undertaking to create something nobody has seen before! (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Platinum Games. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview the Japanese hardcore gamer darling, Platinum Games, as they go deeper into how the Wii U gives the studio an amazing canvas to create fast paced, hard edged action games. New footage from The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and other projects will be spotlighted.(June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Monolith Soft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Tetsuya Takahashi and the rest of the Monolith Soft staff on how the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS allows them to dream and design bigger than ever before. New footage from Monolith Soft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS projects will be shown. (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Super Smash Bros Direct. Summary: Welcome to the first ever Super Smash Bros Direct! In this first episode, Super Smash Bros creator and President of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai will give a detailed tour of the game’s new mechanics as well as the relationship between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game. New footage from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games will be shown. (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Miyamoto’s Inside Story. Summary: In this special Nintendo Direct, join legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto as well as General Manager of EAD Software Development Department Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo EAD Tokyo Development Group Producer Yoshiaki Koizumi, Mario Kart Producer Hideki Konno, Pikmin Producer Hiroyuki Kimura and Legend of Zelda Series Director Eiji Aonuma as they explore the workings of Miyamoto’s design philosophy in the newest Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games announced at E3 2013. (June 11th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Activision. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Activision CEO Bobby Kotick as they review all the amazing games Activison will bring to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms from Call of Duty Ghosts to Skylanders: Swap Force and more! (June 12th)
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Capcom. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Yoshinori Ono as they dish out news of Capcom’s new endeavors on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 12th)
- NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Square Enix– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]
- NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Sega– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]
- NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]
- NintE3do Direct: Pokemon Direct– June 13th– Summary: Welcome to the newest installment of Pokemon Direct. In this edition, Pokemon Game Director Junichi Masuda will give us an in-depth look into the brave new world of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for the Nintendo 3DS. New Pokemon will be revealed and new game-play mechanics never seen before in the series will be featured.
- NintE3do Direct: Nintendo E3 2013 Conclusion– June 13th Summary: Thank you all for tuning in to the Nintendo E3 2013 Direct Experience. Before we close shop, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to express his thanks for those who support Nintendo with our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS products as well as recap all the biggest highlights and buzz from you, our fans.
Pokebeach, the publication that got the four latest Pokemon names correct, has received a fresh batch of rumours related to the forthcoming Pokemon X & Y. The source behind the information can’t be verified, so it’s clearly worth taking this latest batch of information with a grain of salt. That being said, Pokemon Smash will air later today, and Junichi Masuda, one of the founding members of Game Freak, will be on the show. Let’s hope we get some fresh Pokemon X & Y information. Anyway, here’s those delicious rumours.
- Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
- A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
- A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
- Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
- Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
- Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
- HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
- Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
- A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
- Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
- If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew’s design.
- In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
SEGA has confirmed via a press release that there will indeed be three Sonic titles coming to Nintendo platforms. The first game was revealed yesterday as Sonic The Lost World which is exclusive to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The second game was also announced yesterday and is titled Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. The game includes a variety of events from the Winter Games, including skiing, figure skating and curling. SEGA has yet to reveal the third game in the exclusive new Nintendo-SEGA partnership, but it’s rumoured to be a mashup between Sonic & All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart.
“Sonic the Hedgehog has proven incredibly successful on Nintendo platforms and we are pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with Nintendo. As we initiate this new exclusive partnership with the next three titles we believe that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are ideal platforms to showcase the evolution of the Sonic brand.”
- John Cheng, President & COO, SEGA of America
Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday in a Nintendo Direct presentation that it has joined forces with SEGA to bring Sonic Lost World exclusively to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Sonic Stadium claims that SEGA leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early yesterday morning, before the Nintendo Direct took place. The company apparently showcased three teaser images and the promise of more details on May 29th. SEGA has also apparently said that the unexpected partnership is for the next three Sonic games. Here’s what was supposedly said on the official Sonic Facebook page.
- The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
- And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.
- The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- The lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- The game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- Most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
- These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
- At this point I consider the Sonic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.