Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has revealed a near-perfect score for the highly anticipated Super Mario 3D World. From four reviewers, the Wii U game scored two 9′s and two 10′s equalling a terrific score of 38/40. It wasn’t quite a “purrfect” score however, but for comparison’s sake Super Mario Galaxy received a 38/40, while Super Mario Galaxy 2 obtained a neat 37/40, so the newest Mario adventure is clearly hoping to claw its way up to reside amongst the greatest. Make sure you check out the review scores for other titles which are featured below.
- Aikatsu! 2-ri no My Princess (3DS) – 8/8/7/6 [29/40]
- Cooking Mama 5 (3DS) – 9/8/8/7 [32/40]
- Hanasaku Manimani (PS3) – 8/8/7/7 [30/40]
- Hanasaku Manimani (PSP) – 8/8/7/7 [30/40]
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) – 10/10/8/9 [37/40]
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (360) – 10/10/8/9 [37/40]
- New Atelier Rorona: The Origin Story of the Alchemist of Arland (PS3) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- New Atelier Rorona: The Origin Story of the Alchemist of Arland (PSV) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- One Piece: Unlimited World R (3DS) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
- Snow Bound Land (PSP) – 8/8/8/7 [31/40]
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) – 9/10/9/10 [38/40]
- Taiko: Drum Master Wii U Version (Wii U) – 9/8/7/8 [32/40]
Japanese gaming bible Famitsu has published this week’s review scores. Among the many reviews on offer is Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. The publication’s four reviewers gave the Nintendo 3DS version 8/9/8/9 and the Wii U version 9/9/9/9. So if you’re wondering which version you should spend your hard earned money on, it appears as if the Wii U version is the one to go for at the moment.
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (360) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- Diabolik Lovers: more.Blood (PSP) – 8/8/8/6 [30/40]
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (PS3) – 9/9/8/9 [35/40]
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (PSV) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (PSP) – 8/8/7/8 [31/40]
- Kamigami no Itazura (PSP) – 7/8/7/6 [28/40]
- Root Double: Before Crime After Days – Xtend Edition (PS3) – 9/9/8/7 [33/40]
- Sonic Lost World (Wii U) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
- Sonic Lost World (3DS) – 8/9/8/9 [34/40]
Famitsu is reporting that Monster Hunter 4 has sold 1.875 million copies in only two days on the market in Japan. Additionally, sales of Monster Hunter 4 helped move 3DS consoles, as Nintendo’s handheld moved 298 thousand units in that same two day time frame.
We recently reported that over 2 million copies of Monster Hunter 4 had shipped out to stores, but this is the first report to emerge of the actual staggering sales figures for the title. Capcom went into the launch of its latest Monster Hunter game with high expectations for sales numbers, and it appears the title has delivered, with gamers lining up in droves to get themselves a copy. Unfortunately, there is still no official word on a European or North American release, but with numbers like these, we imagine it will only be a matter of time until that announcement.
Monster Hunter 4 has received a nearly-perfect review score from Famitsu. The Japanese video game magazine has awarded the role-playing game with a 38/40. For comparison’s sake, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was given a 35/40 from Famitsu. During today’s Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that the upcoming game’s main character can wear a Link outfit. Mario and Luigi costumes will also be featured. Monster Hunter 4 launches in Japan on September 14th, exclusively for Nintendo 3DS.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has published the top one hundred best-selling games in Japan. The list covers games between December 31, 2012 and June 30, 2013. You can view the entire top 100 best-sellers, right here. For now, here’s the top ten best-selling games in Japan during the first half of 2013.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden
- [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
- [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 8
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2
- [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV
- [3DS] Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization
The review scores are in from the latest edition of Japanese gaming publication Famitsu. The publication awarded Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies an impressive thirty-seven out of forty. Two of the reviewers awarded the game a perfect ten, while the other two reviewers gave the game and eight and a nine respectively. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is due to be released in Japan on July 25th. Here’s the rest of the review scores from Famitsu.
- Beast Saga: Saikyou Gekiotsu Coliseum (3DS) – 7/7/6/6 [26/40]
- Chibi Devi! 2: Mahou no Yume Ehon (3DS) – 7/7/7/5 [26/40]
- Dragon’s Crown (PS3) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
- Dragon’s Crown (PSV) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
- Fantasy Life Link! (3DS) – 9/9/8/9 [35/40]
- Hoppechan: Tsukutte! Asonde! Punipuni Town!! (3DS) – 8/8/7/7 [30/40]
- Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (PS3) – 6/7/7/6 [26/40]
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS) – 10/9/10/8 [37/40]
- Race Driver: GRID 2 (PS3) – 9/8/8/8 [33/40]
- Race Driver: GRID 2 (360) – 9/8/8/8 [33/40]
- Toki no Kizuna: Hanayui Tsuzuri (PSP) – 8/7/8/6 [29/40]
- The Witch and The Hundred Knights (PS3) – 8/8/8/7 [31/40]
- XBLAZE Code: Embryo (PS3) – 8/8/8/6 [30/40]
- XBLAZE Code: Embryo (PSV) – 8/8/8/6 [30/40]
The latest edition of Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has the first review of the long-awaited Pikmin 3 for Wii U. The magazine awarded the Wii U exclusive a more than respectable 37/40. The four reviewers awarded the game three 9′s and one perfect 10. Pikmin 3 launches in Europe on July 26th and in North America on August 4th.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has announced the latest instalment in the Touch Detective series for the Nintendo 3DS. It comes as no surprise that this point-and-click adventure game would see a future release on the handheld console as a teaser site opened up just last week. The website offers a few tidbits of information for Touch Detective 3, where publisher Success is back and working on the project, as well as developers Beeworks Games.
The Touch Detective series or Mystery Detective in Europe has seen relative success and grants the player control of the young girl Mackenzie who runs a detective agency, and a long with her pet mushroom, Funghi, she solves some of the world’s greatest mysteries. The game is due out this year in Japan, and a Western release may well be detailed in the next edition of Famitsu.
Long standing Japanese gaming publication Famitsu is teasing a huge announcement in the next edition of the magazine. Details regarding the announcement are scarce, but the publication promises to reveal “That news the world has long-awaited announced at last!” What would you like to see revealed?
The latest edition of Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has revealed that the highly anticipated Ace Attorney 5 will be released in Japan on July 25th. The publication also reports Ace Attorney 5 will have pre-order bonuses of costume DLC for three of its main characters. These costumes will actually be free until August 15th. Here’s what the costume bonuses are:
- Phoenix’s older suit from previous Ace Attorney games
- A casual outfit for Apollo designed by artist Kazuya Nuri
- A younger look with a schoolgirl outfit for Konkone