You might want to think twice before inviting Kirby to your next Thanksgiving dinner – or even his amiibo, which is apparently also capable of consuming large amounts of food in a matter of seconds. The scary thing is that Kirby doesn’t ever seem to get full, so be sure to keep an eye on your grub if he’s ever around. The pink puffball’s gluttonous behavior can be observed in the mini skit shown in the above video, featuring the acting talents of senior writer for Nintendo at Golin Chad Concelmo.
The adorable Nendoroid Kirby figure is now available to pre-order via the Good Smile Global website. The figure uses magnets for posing and also has four different expressions, along with attachable accessories. The website shows the price in yen which is roughly equivalent to £24.00/$37/€33. The Good Smile website ships to various countries including the UK, America, and Australia. The Nendoroid Kirby figure is due for release in January 2016.
It is Thursday which means it is time to find out what is available to download on the Nintendo eShop in the United States. There aren’t too many new releases this week, but Badlands Game of the Year Edition is available and features more than 15 hours of single-player levels. As promised there’s three Kirby games available on the Wii U Virtual Console these are, Kirby Squeak Squad (Nintendo DS), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Nintendo 64) and Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (Wii). Here’s what’s available for download this week.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition – Fly through the award-winning world of BADLAND and discover an astonishing number of imaginative traps, puzzles and obstacles on the way. BADLAND is a side-scrolling action adventure with innovative physics-based game play and stunning atmospheric graphics and audio. Purchase and download now to enjoy beautiful HD visuals, more than 15 hours of single-player levels and up to four-player local multiplayer awesomeness with co-op and death matches! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Xeodrifter – Xeodrifter is the story of an interstellar drifter traveling the stars on a simple mission of exploration. Blast your way through alien landscapes, seek out valuable secrets and defeat ancient guardians to unlock powers in this exciting journey of mystery and adventure. People who buy the Wii U version of Xeodrifter will also be able to download the game for Nintendo 3DS for free – and vice versa! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- New Splatoon Update – On Aug. 5, a free software update for the Splatoon game on the Wii U console brings new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level caps and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and fall, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. For more information visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.
- Just Dance 2016 – Demo Version – Play the free Just Dance 2016 demo today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U! No additional Wii Remote controllers are required – you can download the free Just Dance Controller app to your iOS or Android device to turn your smartphone into a controller.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Celebrate Kirby’s Aug. 1 Birthday Today with Three Classic Games – Kirby first appeared in North America in August 1992 in the Kirby’s Dream Land game for the Game Boy system. To celebrate this special occasion, we are releasing three classic Kirby games in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U today – Kirby Squeak Squad (Nintendo DS), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Nintendo 64) and Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (Wii). Learn more by visiting http://kirby.nintendo.com.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Elliot Quest is 15 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on August 13.
- High Strangeness is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 3 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 9.
- 99Moves, Abyss and Rock Zombie from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 27.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Miiverse has an entire new look and new features! – With a new Screen Shot Album and Play Journal features, there is a lot to explore! Get ready to have more fun than ever sharing tips, drawings and comments on Miiverse. Check out https://miiverse.nintendo.net/special/redesign_announcement for all the fun details.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Sink or Swim” Tournament – See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new “Sink or Swim” tournament runs July 31 through Aug. 9. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Classic Theme
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
Also new this week:
- Endless Golf (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Best of Board Games – Mahjong (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Best of Board Games – Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Flick Golf 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Source: Nintendo PR
In today’s Super. Smash Bros. Direct, Nintendo announced that new stages will be coming to the fighting game. Specifically, Nintendo 64 classic Dreamland will be coming both to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Game director, Masahiro Sakurai, made a point to say this stage was remastered to feel more contemporary.
This new stage will be available right now for $1.99 for each individual console, or $2.99 as a bundle.
If you are thinking about purchasing Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and you live in the United Kingdom then you might want to think about purchasing it from the official Nintendo store. If you pre-order the game then you’re entitled to a free adorable Kirby soft toy. The game and the free toy are £34.99.
An awesome glitch has been discovered which allows you to become Fire Kirby in Super Smash Bros on the Wii U. The fun glitch was discovered by YouTuber MasterOfHyrule. To get the glitch to work you will need to use the hammer and then let go of it as soon as you are being inhaled, then the fun can begin!
Thanks, Lord Zedd