The NPD Group has revealed exactly which video games sold the most during the month of May. You will be pleased to know that Splatoon managed to slip straight into the top ten and came in at number five, which is more than acceptable. However, it was the Witcher 3 which took the top spot fending off the likes of Super Smash Bros and Minecraft. Here’s the best-selling games in the United States during last month.
But May’s biggest surprise is probably Nintendo’s Wii U exclusive Splatoon. The colorful shooter did not debut until May 28, which means it only had three days of sales on this chart. Despite that, it was able to come in at No. 5 overall. This is impressive for a new intellectual property that is not widely available on all systems.
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii , 3DS, Vita)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)