Japanese publication Famitsu has published its scores for a handful of long-awaited games with Zelda: Breath Of The Wild being one of them. Four different journalists give games a score out of 10 and in this case it was a clear win for Nintendo’s next instalment in the Zelda series. All four reviewers awarded it 10/10. Interestingly, they reviewed the Wii U version but I think it’s safe to say that the Switch version will be rewarded identically.
This marks the 24th game receiving a perfect score from Famitsu ever.
Below is a list of other titles that were reviewed in the issue:
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NSW / Wii U) – 10 / 10 / 10 / 10
- Dragon Quest Heroes I-II (NSW) 9/9/9/9
- For Honor (PS4/XBO) – 8/9/9/9
- Blaster Master Zero (NSW / 3DS) – 8/8/8/8
- The Brookhaven Experiment (PS4) – 8/8/8/8
- Ys Origin (PS4) – 7/7/8/8
- Super Bomberman R (NSW) – 8/7/8/7
- Pirate Pop Plus (Wii U / 3DS) – 6/6/6/6
I looks as though they favoured Dragon Quest Heroes I-II and Blaster Master Zero with the respective games receiving some promising scores themselves. Super Bomberman R had a slightly lower rating but still a solid outlook for a launch game on Nintendo Switch.