The latest edition of Japanese publication Weekly Jump has been released and with it comes news of Dragon Quest XI. The feature this week looks specifically at the game’s battle system and the introduction of two new characters. The release date for the game is expected to be announced on April 11th when a special Dragon Quest XI presentation will take place. Here’s the details from Weekly Jump:
- The PlayStation 4 version uses a “Free Movement Battle” system where you can freely move the character and viewpoint. There is also an “Auto Camera Battle” system in which you can enjoy immersive battles.
- The 3DS version has a “2D Mode” featuring familiar 2D pixel graphics, and “3D Mode” featuring 3D characters and monsters.
- Both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions use command-based battle systems. The “Falcon Slash” and “Thwack” options can be seen in use in screenshots of the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions, respectively.
- You can preemptively strike enemies (PlayStation 4 screenshot).
- There is some sort of new element in which the protagonist is surrounded by a blue aura (PlayStation 4 screenshot).
- Two new monsters, Mandra and Ocobolt, are pictured.
- Martina – The high-spirited female martial artist. “With you, I’ll protect everyone… That is my fight!”
- Rou – A mysterious old man with a white mustache. “I’ve been waiting for you all to arrive.”