There’s a brand new Harvest Moon game coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC, and Polygon have gone hands-on with the title at E3 in Los Angeles this week. The game ditches the full-3D perspective in favour of 2.5D style which is meant to evoke memories of the very first Harvest Moon game. Here’s the details you need to know.
- 2.5D style is meant to evoke the very first Harvest Moon game
- Uses 3D-rendered models
- Flat perspective and grid-based, limited range of motion
- Switch version will have full touch controls
- No same-sex relationships available,
- Maekawa says that Natsume will introduce that element “when the time is right”
- Maekawa didn’t say whether this was a statement directed at Light of Hope, or for the series in general