Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960’s and inspired by the likes of Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek, Trüberbrook is slated for a release on Nintendo Switch if its Kickstarter is successful. The uniqueness of the game certainly sets it apart and as well as being a visually stunning title, pledging just €25 will bag you a digital copy of the game with your name appearing in the credits and you’ll also be sent a 5k digital wallpaper for your support.
I’ve included the official Kickstarter trailer for the game below.
Coming from their Kickstarter page, here’s a quick look at what it will offer players:
- Suspense! Mystery! Thrills! After all, it’s a single player sci-fi mystery adventure game. We want to keep you entertained!
- Join American student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land
- Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960s
- Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
- Indulge in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, self-discovery and dinosaurs
- Handmade miniature scenery!
- English and German localization with full voice acting!
- Atmospheric, moody soundtrack
- Coming to Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 & Nintendo Switch
- A likely mobile port later!
- Up to 10 hours of super exciting gameplay!
- Release scheduled for late 2018 – not the longest wait!
At the time of writing, and with 29 days left to go, the project has already succeeded in having €43,540 pledged of the €80,000 goal.
Thank you Marcus S for the heads up on Twitter!