Those of you who own Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Nintendo Switch will be pleased to hear that there’s an update coming for the massive JRPG. Tetsuya Takahashi who is the General Director for the game has announced the following will be available on December 20th.
- if you watch the “Something in Common” (Chapter One: Encounters) cutscene in the Event Theatre, then return to the game, a glitch will make the camera sway and it will stay like that until you restart the game. If you happen to save, then you will be stuck in swaying camera hell. Therefore, if you happen to watch the cutscene, make sure not to save, and restart the game instead (even if that means losing progress);
- if you get the quest item Healing Herb (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 12:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- if you get the quest item Pure White Helmet (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 7:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- various other bugs.
- Easy Mode will be added to the Tiger! Tiger! mini-game
- pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;
- improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings.
Speaking of the mini-map, an update to be released next year alongside the set of additional quests(in January) will bring further improvements to it. There will also be additional changes/additions for the game, such as being able to befriend specific Blades or add Pyra and Dromarch to a mercenary team, but also LV4 skills for Blades.
Those who have purchased the downloadable content will get the following update with bonus items:
- Driver’s Essentials Set: Rare Core Crystal (x10), Legendary Core Crystal (x1), Overdrive (x3)
- Materials for Poppy: Ether Crystals (x30 000)
- Pyra’s Favourite Pouch Item: Jenerossi Tea (x5)
- Nia’s Favourite Pouch Item: Ardainian Bear Carving (x5)