Start your engines and put the pedal to the metal – a limited Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle – containing a Nintendo Switch console with improved battery life* – is now available at selected retailers across the UK.
With the festive season just around the corner, this bundle is the ideal gift for friends and family looking to race together anytime, anywhere. Comprising a Nintendo Switch console with improved battery life, a pair of Joy-Con controllers (Neon Red/Neon Blue), and a download code for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, it’s got everything two players need to start racing right from the get-go. Up to four players can get in the fun by using additional Joy-Con controllers, sold separately. And because Nintendo Switch can be played anytime, anywhere, with anyone, those races could be on the big TV screen at home, in the back of the car, or wherever else the racers in your life feel like hitting the track. You can also challenge racers from around the world. Up to 12 players can take part in online races**, and two local players can even play online together from the same Nintendo Switch.
In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, familiar characters from the Super Mario series, such as Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, as well as other fan-favourite Nintendo series, such as Link from the Legend of Zelda series, Inklings from the Splatoon series, and Isabelle from Animal Crossing series compete in races set around the world of the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond. Racers have to be prepared to get ahead of their rivals through the use of items such as the Super Star – which makes players invincible for a short period of time – and the notorious Spiny Shell, which will hunt down and attack the player in first place. Adding to the hilarious racing action is the use of antigravity, allowing vehicles to race along the sides of buildings and up astonishing waterfalls, and even nudge opponents for a satisfying speed boost. Players can also race The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-style! Take to the track like a champion with the Master Cycle Zero and Champion’s Tunic Link and add some legendary new parts to customise your kart: the Ancient Tyres and the Paraglider. Take a look at the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe X The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild trailer to see these new additions in action on the track.
With over 19 million copies sold worldwide, players of all ages and skill levels are already experiencing fun Mario Kart 8 Deluxe multiplayer racing. With the optional Smart Steering feature preventing racers from falling off the course and getting frustrated, even very young players can enjoy the action, while optional motion controls are also available.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also compatible with Nintendo Labo, Nintendo’s line of interactive make, play, and discover experiences. Grab the handlebars and race to victory using the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit, or use the steering wheel and pedal from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit to feel like a real driver. Learn more about the Nintendo Labo and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe compatibility over at the official Nintendo Labo website.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just one title in a wide range of software that everyone can enjoy on Nintendo Switch. The five titles listed below can all be played by two players with the Joy-Con controllers included in the Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle, including these Mario titles for the whole family:
- Super Mario Party – Super Mario Party goes back to the series’ roots, bringing back the classic board game style but with new strategic elements, such as character-specific Dice Blocks. The game also introduces new ways to play, including Joy-Con controller-enabled minigames for up to four players, and various new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Players can also play a mixture of 5 from a selection of 10 minigames online** with players across the globe, or with friends in Online Mariothon.
- Super Mario Odyssey – This 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like Cap Throw, Cap Jump, and Capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game before.
- Mario Tennis Aces – In this action-packed sports game, up to four players** can ready their rackets and choose from a number of Super Mario series characters, from Mario to favourites like Chain Chomp. Whether you’re a newcomer just getting into the swing of things, or a seasoned pro looking for deep strategic payoffs, Mario Tennis Aces serves up a superior game of tennis.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – This game is all about battles between 74 famous playable fighters including Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and the Inklings from Splatoon. Have a blast trying to launch your opponents off the stage in the ultimate action game. Faster combat, new items, new attacks, new defensive options, techniques and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – A side-scrolling platforming game featuring Mario and friends, where up to four players can grab coins, stomp Goombas, and defeat Bowser together. Players can grab, carry and throw each other to overcome dangers, while special playable character Nabbit doesn’t take damage from enemies – perfect for very new players.
Many more Nintendo Switch games including Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ring Fit Adventure, Splatoon 2 and more, can be found at the Nintendo Switch website.
Source: Nintendo UK