Nintendo UK has clarified the options available to users once the discontinuation begins of signing into your Nintendo Account via either Facebook or Twitter. The option to sign into your account with the social media platforms begins on 25th October, 2022.
As of 25 October 2022, it will no longer be possible to link a Facebook or Twitter account to a Nintendo Account.
- It will no longer be possible to create a new Nintendo Account using a Facebook or Twitter account.
- You will still be able to sign in or create a new Nintendo Account with your Google or Apple account.
- It will also no longer be possible to participate in missions through which you can earn My Nintendo Points by linking your Nintendo Account to a Facebook or Twitter account.
- The discontinuation time may be pushed back due to system issues.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause to those who have been using a Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to their Nintendo Account.
How to Sign In After the Discontinuation of This Option
After the discontinuation of this option, it will no longer be possible to use a Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to a Nintendo Account.
When using devices that you have already signed in to your Nintendo Account on, you may be able to use your Nintendo Account without signing in again. However, if the sign-in screen appears, please sign in using one of the following methods:
- Sign in with your Nintendo Account email address (or Sign-In ID) and password.
- Please enter your Nintendo Account password, not your Facebook or Twitter password.
- Sign in with your Google or Apple account.