The latest issue of Nintendo Power contains a plethora of new information for Assassin’s Creed 3 on Wii U. Ubisoft have been rather quiet about the Wii U version of the game, so it’s encouraging to hear some concrete details from the company. Assassin’s Creed 3 is due to be released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 30th in North America,
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.