A source apparently close to online gaming site Max Console has informed the publication what to expect from the next Nintendo 3DS firmware update which is known as 3.0.0-7x. Nintendo themselves haven’t announced the firmware update, so this is all just speculation and rumour. Here’s what the source claims will be in the next 3DS update:
- Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
- This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
- This update will add the application “Nintendo Network” to the 3DS.
- Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).
- A “Game Preview” Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.
- Enhances the speed of the handheld.
- Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
- Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.