VG Leaks is reporting that Sega is preparing a brand new Sonic title for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Wii U. According to their source the game will be called Sonic Thunderstorm or Sonic Blue Thunder and should be announced in May 1st of 2014. This information should be treated one hundred percent as a rumour at present. Here’s the details.
- A new hedgehog character will be named Static the Hedgehog.
- A new hedgehog will be a teenage clone of Sonic.
- Knuckles, Rouge and Eggman will have teenage clones, like Sonic. Knuckles’ teenage clone will be male and be named Slash the Echidna.
- Rouge’s teenage clone will be female and be named Debra the Bat.
- Dr Eggman’s teenage clone will be male and be named Eggman.Jr.
- Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge’s teenage clones will have robot partners.
- Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Static will be playable.
- Tails, Knuckles, Rogue, Omega, Blaze, Amy, Slash and Debra will also be playable.
- Dr.Eggman, Eggman Jr, Cream, Team Chaotix and Marine will be non-playable.
- Static, Slash and Debra will be inspired by Super Sentai.
- Characters will return, including Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Cream, Team Chaotix, Blaze, Silver and Marine
- This game will feature 29 levels, objects, a return of old small animals and Chaos Drives with new animals, also the return of Chao Garden.
- This gameplay will change characters like in Sonic Heroes.
- Hedgehog Engine will return to work on this game like it worked on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations.
- This game will be similar to Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World.
- Color Powers will not return in this game, except Orbot and Cubot with a new female counterpart.
- Static’s robot partner will be a wolf-type with a motorcycle form.
- Slash’s robot partner will be a bear-type with a selfish mood.
- Debra’s robot partner will be a kitten-type with smarts.
- Static the Hedgehog’s element will be Lightning.
- Slash the Echidna’s element will be Earth.
- Debra the Bat’s element will be Love.
- Eggman Jr will be the main antagonist while Dr. Eggman will be a secondary antagonist.
- Chaos Emeralds will return.
- A new Chao Garden will have past gardens and new gardens.
- Black Market will return, also past fruits and masks and colorful Chao eggs from SA2B and SADX.
- Static, Slash and Debra’s levels will be inspired by Sonic the Werehog’s levels, also they will have gadgets.
- This game will be inspired by Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 2006.
- This game will set to release next year.
- This game will follow 4 story modes.
- Wi-fi will transfer Chao data.
- Tiny Chao Garden will be DLC and will be on PSVITA And 3DS.
Sega has confirmed today that Sonic is returning to television in his first-ever CG animated series which is coming in Autumn 2014. The animated series will debut first on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France, with a global rollout to follow. The 52 eleven-minute episodes is co-produced by SEGA of America and Genao Productions. Creation of the series is being overseen by Sonic Team’s Takashi Iizuka.
“Sonic Boom is a character-driven comedy that leaves a trail of robot wreckage in its smoldering wake. The series centers on Sonic, his best friend and sidekick, Tails, their never-ending search for adventure, and their battles with Sonic’s arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman. Rounding out the ensemble are fan favorites Knuckles and Amy Rose, plus a rogue’s gallery of enemies—some familiar to Sonic fans and some brand-new.”
Nintendo has finally confirmed that Sega’s blue mascot Sonic The Hedgehog will be a playable character in the forthcoming Super Smash Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The next entry in the acclaimed Smash Bros franchise will be released next year.
Sonic brand manager Aaron Webber believes that the audience for Sonic related titles is on Nintendo platforms, rather than Xbox or PlayStation. Webber says that Sonic titles such as Sonic Colours and Secret Rings have historically performed well on Nintendo systems. Webber concluded by saying that when the company has looked at the overall sales figures for Sonic games they realised that Nintendo platforms is where their audience is.
“If we trace Sonic’s third-party roots all the way back to just after the Dreamcast, we released Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube and it did phenomenally well. We think that’s because there was a lot of overlap between the Sonic/Sega and Nintendo crowd at that time, and we just found historically that Sonic performs really, really well on Nintendo platforms. Sonic Colors did great, Sonic and the Black Knight did well and Sonic and Secret Rings did well — all Nintendo. When we look at the numbers, we thought — this is clearly where our audience is.”
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Nintendo has revealed via the Wii U eShop that Mario & Sonic At The Sochi 2014 Winter Games will be available to purchase on the eShop on November 8th. The game will have 16 events and utilises both the Wii Motion Plus controller and the Wii U GamePad. Some of the events will use both controllers, such as the Biathlon, which uses the Wii Remote for skiing and the Wii U GamePad for sniping targets.
Update: Nintendo of America says the notification was a mistake and that they will confirm a release date for the game in the future.
SEGA has released a brand new Sonic Lost World trailer which showcases the Mario Galaxy inspired platformer. The trailer shows off both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS versions of the highly anticipated Nintendo exclusive. Sonic producer Takashi Iizuka explained yesterday that the Sonic Team have tried their hardest to get the same feel for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of Sonic Lost World. The game launches on October 22nd.
Sonic producer Takashi Iizuka has explained that Sonic Team have tried their hardest to get the same feel for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of Sonic Lost World. Iizuka says that it wasn’t an easy task for the development team, but they kept cutting things back on the Nintendo 3DS to get that particular version looking like the Wii U. Iizuka says their main aim was to make consumers unable to tell which version is which.
”In Colours and Generations the focus was a side-scrolling game. If you look at Lost World, the main concept is a cylindrical world, so it didn’t make sense to do a side view. The 3DS’s extra power makes it the sort of place 3D can be used really well. Even though it’s power powerful than a DS, it still has its limits. It wasn’t easy to get the same levels, but we kept cutting things back until we could get it so that if you looked at it – in a trailer, say – you couldn’t tell which was which. We tried to get the same feel for Wii U and 3DS.”
The Deadly Six have managed to recruit some new allies in the form of Nightmaren monsters inspired from the game NiGHTS into Dreams. Sonic has been sucked in to a world of nightmares created by Wizeman and he must defeat the Deadly Six who are riding high atop gigantic Nightmaren monsters in an exclusive level accessed via a redeemable code. The Deadly Six Edition is available when pre-ordering the game or whilst stocks last. The NiGHTMARE DLC can be played at any point in the game and on completion of the level a Black Bomb Colour Power is rewarded to the player which usually only obtainable from Miiverse.
The versus races on the Wii U allow you to compete against a friend across courses especially redesigned for multiplayer madness. Split across three unique modes, one person plays using the screen on the Wii U GamePad and the other can play using the TV and Wii remote. Sonic Lost World on the 3DS offers versus races for up to 4 players locally and online. Both offer exclusive multiplayer power ups to try and help you or hinder your rivals in the ultimate supersonic showdown!
Additionally call up backup for Sonic with the brand new remote control (R/C) vehicles for the Wii U which offer supportive co-op using the Wii remote. Remote controlled planes, choppers, UFOs and more are at your disposal as you slow down time, lift Sonic to reach undiscovered locations and even turn him invisible! On the 3DS R/C vehicles can be summoned at any time and by using items found in the game you can create your vehicles in Tails’ Lab. Sonic Lost World also supports the ability share R/C vehicles from the 3DS to the Wii U versions so that players can to expand their collection and find new ways to play.
The fun doesn’t end there thanks to Sonic Lost World’s Miiverse capabilities. You can share items with your friends & community members via Miiverse and as these items are shared, they will continue to grow so that you can unlock their full potential! Fans of the classic Sonic power-ups will also have plenty to enjoy with the return of Power Sneakers, Shields and Invincibility. In addition to all this you‘ll be able to blast your enemies out of the way with the exclusive Black Bomb Colour Power only available via Miiverse.
Watch Sonic blast through the stages and rise against the Deadly Six in this exclusive Sonic: Lost World trailer from Gamescom 2013. Sonic: Lost World is exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and will launch on October 22nd in North America, and on October 18th in Europe. Will you be buying?
SEGA Europe president Jurgen Post says that the hopes Wii U and Nintendo 3DS exclusive Sonic Lost World can turn things around for the struggling console. Post says that he “is concerned” about the current sales of Wii U, but he hopes that Sonic can help things. He also believes that Nintendo’s E3 2013 showing has gone some way to helping the console.
“The Lost World might just be our best Sonic game yet. it is one of the games that can help them. I saw Nintendo’s briefing at E3 and it has a very strong line-up of games for Wii U. I think it’s helping people think that things might change.”
“Historically, Sonic games have always sold very well on Nintendo platforms, so it’s a good fit. And Nintendo and SEGA have always worked together in a positive way – the first game Sonic debuted on after we stopped making hardware was a Nintendo platform.”