We all know The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is going to feature an incredible soundtrack, but just how epic is it going to be? Well, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata gathered Kondo-san and Yokota-san of the Zelda Sound Group to share with us a few interesting titbits about Skyward Sword’s soundtrack.
- Will feature orchestrated music as well as music created with folk instruments.
- There’s a secret instrument that plays a big part in Skyward Sword.
- Sound director is Hajime Wakai.
- Core sound staff is from the Software Development Department at the main office.
- Yokota-san and one other person from Tokyo are involved.
- Yokota focuses in on the orchestra elements.
- Kondo’s songs didn’t come into play until the last moment.
- Kondo pulled an all-nighter to finish up his content.
- Miyamoto believes orchestrated music fits better with Zelda than Mario.
- Skyward Sword features updated orchestrated versions of some previous Legend of Zelda songs.
- Yokota has been pushing for Zelda orchestra live events since he joined the company.
- He was turned down multiple times, but that all changed with the series’ 25th anniversary.
- Yokota already had tons of songs he wanted to see played live.
“- Yokota has been pushing for Zelda orchestra live events since he joined the company.
– He was turned down multiple times, but that all changed with the series’ 25th anniversary.”
WHUT. Dammit, Nintendo!
I’m excited for this.
…Nintendo said those 25th Anniversary concerts were happening in the fall, right?
…When exactly are they planning to announce ticket sales? .__.
Everything seems to be available in USA and Japan… even Europe ONLY. What about other countries??? MexicoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!! Don’t forget about us -_- OK? ¬¬
As excited as I am about Wii U’s HD Zelda, and seeing a “realistic” type of Zelda game progress beyond that of Twilight Princess into a more mature realm, I’d be equally as stoked to see a 1080p Zelda game in this style (and by that I mean the art style, not the actual character models, etc.). That cross between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker; it’s very interesting, and with 1080p resolution and higher polygon counts, better models (those trees with flat leaf textures are horrid), etc. Now that would be spectacular, and it would be in keeping with the style of Zelda that made the series perfect: A Link To The Past.
oh cool bro.
Secret instrument? Please let it be another ocarina!
Its probably not, thats been used 4 or more times… My money is on a harp.
As a musician and also a Nintendo freak this new turn of event is PHENOMENAL on Nintendos part. Couldnt get any better.
my money is on the banjo. for the secret instrument
Yesssss! i am veryyy excited! I personally think that Zelda musiic would be fabulous ochestrated. I also thought that mario galaxy was great, too, but i can understand if they wouldn’t want to ochestrate NSMB Wii or something of the sort.
Pingback: Skyward Sword Soundtrack | Zelda Eternity
This got me excited!
I would laugh if the soundtrack was just a bunch of famous Zelda songs played backwards like in the trailer. XD!