Renegade Kid has finally announced that Moon Chronicles will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS. Last week internet sleuths revealed that the company had filed a trademark for Moon Chronicles. The game is a remake of Moon and is a first person shooter running at 60fps exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS. Moon Chronicles will also support the Circle Pad Pro peripheral. The game is scheduled to be released on the eShop in the spring.
The story follows a character named Major Kane, as he embarks on a mysterious mission to investigate a hatch of unknown origin on Earth’s moon. Moon Chronicles will follow an episodic model. Season one is a remake of the original DS game and will follow the pricing structure listed below.
- Episode 1: $8.99 (contains chapters 1 – 4 + 6 VR Missions: ~4 hours of gameplay).
- Episode 2 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 5 – 8: ~2 hours of gameplay).
- Episode 3 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 9 – 12: ~2 hours of gameplay).
- Episode 4 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 13 – 16: ~2 hours of gameplay).
“We’re big fans of TV shows like Lost. We love shows that really cement the feeling where you watch an episode, you have a cliffhanger, and you absolutely need to watch the next one.”
“That’s our plan for season two and beyond, [for us] to approach it in a similar way. ‘What’s the whole point of the season? Where do we start and where do we end up?’”
– Renegade Kid co-founder Jools Watsham