Developer Keiji Inafune has told an audience during a lecture at the Unreal Fest 2015 Yokohama Event that the spiritual successor to Mega Man won’t be delayed anymore. He places the blames on the number of platforms that the 2D platformer is set to be available on. Inafune also says that a sequel to Mighty No.9 is planned provided the original proves to be a success with consumers.
- “Mighty No. 9 absolutely will not be delayed.”
- “One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platforms.”
- “How to make the impossible possible like Mega Man.”
- “Can’t say it’s a complete success yet since it still hasn’t been released.”
- “The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it.”
- “Sequel is planned if it were successful.”