Destructoid recently had the chance to sit down and speak with respected Japanese developer Suda51. There were a number of things discussed including the chance of seeing No More Heroes 3, which would certainly go down well with fans. You can read the full interview, here.
- Suda worked as a designer and writer for Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, but initially didn’t want to do the project
- Tecmo offered multiple invitations to work on the project before Suda agreed
- Suda: “I don’t like horror games…There’s a very small chance I’ll make horror games in the future.”
- Suda on why he rejected the initial offer: “the director, Makoto Shibata, can see real ghosts. When he makes Fatal Frame, he simulates a real ghost experience like in the game. I don’t want to make that kind of game.”
- On the potential for No More Heroes 3 “It’s not going to be 20 years, I’m hoping it’ll be 10 years or maybe earlier than that. It might be like an indie game. No More Heroes fans’ voices are still strong, but young gamers have never heard of it, so I want to create something for them as well.”
- 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of Grasshopper, to which Suda said he’d like to have some No More Heroes news by then with that said, he also made a point to say that he wasn’t sure that would actually happen