NPD: The Nintendo Switch Was The Best-Selling Console In The US During March

The NPD hardware sales figures are now in and unsurprisingly it was the Nintendo Switch which dominated the video game scene in the United States during the month of March. Nintendo’s latest console outsold the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to take the crown. Software charts have yet to come in so I’ll update the post as and when we get them.

1. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits. This use to be something that awaited those for all consoles. It's sad it's mostly just a PS4 slogan these days. Maybe Nintendo will get back to that greatness with the Switch. Only time will tell.} says:

Let me know when there are actual numbers to back this up. And none of that percentages only with no real numbers to speak of. It’d be nice if they sold 3-5m in the United States alone in only a month but I won’t hold my breath.

1. GzR says:

WTF, your expectations are impossibly high…
      Nintendo made 2 millions consoles to sell them worldwide at launch, cause they didn’t expect the demand would be so high and they were also cautious due to the disastrous launch of the Wii U.

2. iambigb0ss says:

It said 2.5 million world wide and almost a million in a month. It’s possible given that I don’t see a PS4 and PS4 pro selling 1 million in the month of March. I still want numbers of course. I’m not blind. Nintendo be lying crazy sometimes. But it’s possible. I got a Switch for a 100 so I have one. It’s boring as shit even with Zelda, but I guess. PS4 has a billion games on their system taking my time anyways.

3. Nowhere Man says:

The raw number is reportedly 905K. The fact that THAT’S their fastest selling in the US makes me wonder what the hell you’re smoking thinking 3-5 million when it’s never even been done in a holiday launch. Not to mention that the last console to launch in March (or non-holiday period) was the 3DS, and it reportedly took 5 months to match the Switch’s numbers in the US after one month. This is a hit, plain and simple, and it would have exceeded 1 million with ease if it weren’t for shortages.

2. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits. This use to be something that awaited those for all consoles. It's sad it's mostly just a PS4 slogan these days. Maybe Nintendo will get back to that greatness with the Switch. Only time will tell.} says:

with no real numbers to speak of crap.*

Bleh..! This is supposed to be a reply to my first comment. Stupid comments!

1. we need to damage control this ASAP white knight king kalas..

1. never did no good…kalas has a point…but 2 million is pretty good for a launch.

||You need to prepare your retreat before the first doomsday of the Xbots befalls on you…||

1. I can hear the ominous bells tolling for the Xbots, Commander. Even makes my blood run cold.

3. tobiyyah says:

The Church of Sasori, is rather sorry to see the Switch is a success and not tardy. Now have that sit you ugly wreck, you have that ogar beat his name is Shrek.

4. LMAOSHMSFO says:

Sasorry and Kalas working together?? I never thought I’d see the day…

No. Sasori is just being delusional.

3. ??? says:

i would be concerned if it wasnt

4. that’s a huge record. I think the Wii gotten beaten by the switch. 0-0

5. tobiyyah says:

You Xbot fans are mighty frail, thought you haters said the System would fail?

6. Nowhere Man says:

My prediction: Outsells Wii U by the end of this fiscal year. Hell, might happen by the end of the calendar year. MK8 will sell millions of consoles in the west, and Splatoon 2 will do the same in Japan. Mario Odyssey will sell millions globally. I FIRMLY believe those three games will be responsible for about at least 7 million consoles sold (accounting for overlapped purchases). Of course, Animal Crossing will be that next big system seller. It has historically sold more in the west on home consoles and SIGNIFICANTLY more in Japan on handhelds. On a hybrid? That thing might be the top seller on Switch. Anyway, I’m excited for what’s to come, and can’t wait for E3.