Nintendo showed off the latest build of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to fans during Milan Games Week. The footage is from the same location as the Gamescom footage that you may have seen, but as you can see, it is from a newer build of the action RPG. Here’s some of the changes noted by NeoGAF member Neoleo2143:
- You can toggle a simpler UI in the middle of battle that removes descriptions, helpful for removing clutter.
- The UI issue where the level of special art is not shown for the first stage has been resolved.
- The Unique Monster Theme has changed again?
- The Fonsa Myma Night theme can be heard
- There’s a mechanic where you can combine the Break, Topple, Launch with the Special Arts
- Extending Chain Attacks seems to be based on Bursting the Elemental Orbs rather than random affinity between characters.
- There’s an announcer like Baten Kaitos who exclaims when something rad is happening
- There is probably way more choice making at any given moment than either Xenoblade X or the original.