Demand for the SNES Mini has been very high before and more so after its launch that took place just a few days ago. It’s unsurprising that eBay is currently awash with SNES Mini’s but at a higher-than-RRP price point, thanks to scalpers. Some interesting statistics have surfaced which gives us an idea of the SNES Mini selling activity on eBay over the launch period of the console – September 29th to October 1st.
- eBay, on average, sold 143 SNES Classic Edition units every hour between September 29th and October 1st
- This equals out to roughly four per minute and 3,432 per day
- There were more than 17,000 listing on eBay as of its September 29th release date
- The average sale price is somewhere between $162.10 and $165
- In November 2016, eBay announced the NES Classic was sold once every 18 seconds on its release day.