Tonight was a big night for those that play Luigi’s Mansion 3. Nintendo released an update for the game, bringing it to version 1.2.0. The vast majority of the update fixes some bugs, mainly ones that were encountered in the game’s Story. However, you may notice that the update added a DLC button to the game’s title menu. That’s because Nintendo has announced the “Multiplayer Pack” DLC.
Part 1 will release by April 30th, 2020. It will include “three new mini-games for the multiplayer ScreamPark mode, three new outfits for Luigi with matching floor themes, and new themed ghosts in the cooperative ScareScraper Mode”. If you purchase the DLC pack, you’ll get an in-game Polterpup light called “Flashlight Type-P”. available to use for Story Mode or ScareScraper. Part 2 of the Pack will release by July 31st, 2020. Part 2 will have “three more new mini-games for ScreamPark, three new ScareScraper outfits with matching floor themes, and new themed ghosts”. You will not be able to buy each pack individually. The only way to get them is to buy the “Multiplayer Pack” bundle for $9.99. If you want the “Flashlight Type-P” right now, you can now pre-order the DLC to get it. You can see the version 1.2.0 patch notes, as well as Nintendo‘s official DLC announcement tweet, down below.
- Added Features
- Downloadable Content button was added to the title menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from progressing when going down to B2 in the elevator.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from progressing during the battle with King MacFrights.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to show the out-of-bounds area during the battle with Dr. Potter.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from progressing by not allowing the player to insert the elevator button while playing through the Paranormal Productions floor.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Luigi from leaving the building in Studio 3 on the Paranormal Productions floor.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from progressing by sending Luigi flying out of bounds during the battle in the Exhibit Hall on the Unnatural History Museum Floor.
- Fixed an issue that made the enemies stop moving during the battle with Serpci.
- Fixed several issues to improve gameplay experience.