More details were announced today regarding the upcoming Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which is due out on Nintendo Switch on 20th November. The recent livestream at the Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online has revealed a number of new facts about the game which takes place 100 years before the events in the excellent The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild. You can check out the main facts below courtesy of translator, PushDustin which were shared during the stream.
- The development team heavily focused on recreating Hyrule 100 years before the events of Breath Of The Wild and wanted to reflect this in the world’s design.
- There was strict guidance from the main Zelda team during development.
- There will be separate playstyles for different characters. More characters will be shown off in the future such as Young Impa being showcased recently.
- The development team avoiding answering many questions during the live stream as the game is heavily story based and they didn’t want to spoil anything.
- They combined the styles of both Hyrule Warriors and Breath of the Wild to create Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.
- When all development on Hyrule Warriors ended, Koei Tecmo thought that would be the end of Hyrule Warriors as a whole as the team was finally able to fulfil the “festival” theme they were going for. Following this, Eiji Aonuma himself then approached the team on the opportunity to create this prequel to Breath Of The Wild.