Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch has been updated to Version 10.0.0 with the inclusion of Final Fantasy VII’s Sephiroth. While Sephiroth is not available to everyone just yet, if you have Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, then you can challenge him in the Sephiroth Challenge mode event. If you manage to defeat the villain then you can unlock Sephiroth early. Sephiroth goes live for everyone as DLC on December 22nd / 23rd December depending where you live. Here’s the full patch notes courtesy of Nintendo:
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released December 17, 2020)
- The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
- You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
- This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
- Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Note that you cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).