The official Pokemon GO site has announced a new event which will celebrate the upcoming release of New Pokemon Snap for the Nintendo Switch which is due to be released on 30th April. The event will see various Pokemon who are native to the Lental Region appear in the hit smartphone game on iOS and Android. Read on for the full details about what to expect from the New Pokemon Snap inspired event. The Pokemon GO event runs from Thursday, 29th April at 10am until to Sunday, 2nd May at 8pm.
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Pokémon inspired by the deserts, jungles, and underwater landscapes of the Lental region—such as Lotad, Cacnea, and Ducklett—will be appearing more often in the wild!
- Smeargle will be appearing in snapshots more often than usual! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Smeargle! Please note that Smeargle will only appear in snapshots a limited number of times, and while Shiny Smeargle will no longer appear after the event concludes, you may encounter one during future events.
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental region—like Vaporeon, Meganium, and Trapinch—will be appearing more often in raids!
- Look forward to event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research that’s focused on taking snapshots!
- A camera avatar item and a camera-themed Gift sticker will be available in the shop during the event! The new Gift sticker will also be available from PokéStops.
“Be sure to share your adventures and snapshots with us on social media using #GOsnapshot, Trainers! We look forward to seeing all the amazing Pokémon you meet during this collaboration event.”