It is not surprising at all, but the recent release of Mario Golf: Super Rush did come with a brand new update that players had to download before being able to enjoy the game. Usually, these updates enable some things in preparation for the game’s launch, or they fix some last-minute bugs that Nintendo found.
Once you update Mario Golf: Super Rush, the game should be at version 1.1.0. As for the patch notes, most of the update involved adjusting a handful of things, and making some additions. You can see the patch notes in their entirety for yourself down below. If you want to, feel free to check it out.
- Battle Golf
- Added “Enable/Disable” for Rush Events. Selecting “Enable” will cause Rush Events to occur at fixed times during play.
- Golf Adventure (Adventure Mode)
- Added Challenges for Shots off tee, Approaches, and Putting. The new challenges can be accepted from the Fire Bros in each area’s practice area.
- Added lessons that teach spin use, and strategies for wind direction. The new challenges can be accepted from the Hammer Bros in each area’s practice area.
- Adjusted several scenes encountered during the Golf Adventure mode of the game.
- Motion Controls
- “Practice Swing” now displays on the screen when trying out practice swings.
- Adjusted the game balance around swing inputs.
- Online and Local Wireless Play
- Names of online opponents will now display.
- Connection errors occurring mid-game will now display.
- General Changes
- Adjusted the display position of text and other information displayed during play.
- Adjusted the results screen.
- In addition, adjustments have been made to the game balance, and issues have been fixed to make the game experience more enjoyable.