Update: The patch notes have been released. You can see them down below.
By now, you may have heard about a Splatoon 2 update that Nintendo announced earlier this month. Although this update doesn’t add any new content, as Nintendo stopped doing that for the game long ago and Splatoon 3 is coming next year, it is still a lengthy update that makes a lot of important changes to the game.
The biggest change in the update, as is usually the case with Splatoon 2 updates nowadays, is that many of the game’s weapons have had their specifications re-balanced. There are also a handful of bugs that have been fixed. The official patch notes have not been released in English yet, and they are only available in Japanese. When they’re available, we’ll update the post as soon as we can.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have changed:
Hero Shot Replica
|Increased maximum damage that can be dealt from 35.0 to 36.0. Slowed damage falloff speed relative to projectile travel time.|
|Splat Roller |
Krak-On Splat Roller
Kensa Splat Roller
Hero Roller Replica
|Reduced the ink consumption of horizontal and vertical swings by roughly 5%.|
|Reduced ink consumption when moving while holding down the ZR Button by roughly 10%.|
|Splat Dualies |
Enperry Splat Dualies
Kensa Splat Dualies
Hero Dualie Replicas
|Reduced ink consumption of rolling from 9% of the ink tank to 7% of the ink tank.|
|.52 Gal |
.52 Gal Deco
Kensa .52 Gal
|Reduced the radius of turf inked when a shot lands far away by roughly 5%.|
- Points required for using specials have changed for some weapons:
|Forge Splattershot Pro||200||190|
|Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose||190||180|
|Kensa Splat Dualies||210||200|
Hero Brella Replica
|Kensa .52 Gal||180||190|
|Custom Jet Squelcher||180||190|
|E-liter 4K Scope||180||190|
- Fixed an issue in Inkblot Art Academy in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by jumping over certain walls in Turf War, Splat Zones, and Rainmaker.
- Fixed an issue in Skipper Pavilion in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by transferring between certain grates.
- We observed changes after distribution of Ver 5.4.0 and made additional adjustments to slightly lower the fighting power of certain weapons that could hold the battle line from further away.
- Also, we made adjustments to narrow the margins by which certain weapons were strengthened in Ver 5.4.0 while also lowering the frequency at which special weapons can be triggered. At the same time, we expanded weapon choice by increasing the abilities of certain weapons that excel at closer ranges.
- In addition, we reviewed some of the weapons that previously had their capabilities lowered, and as a result we slightly reverted some of the lowered values and made some adjustments to points required for special weapons.
- We will observe the changes after this update and make further adjustments to Splatoon 2 in the future.
- When you download the latest update data, you will no longer be able to communicate in The Shoal with players using older update data.
- This update also includes changes not listed here, such as improvements to the gameplay experience.
- Sufficient space on the internal system memory or a microSD card is required to download the update.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.