Ubisoft has posted sales figures for its biggest franchises including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, and Splinter Cell. As expected Assassin’s Creed is the company’s biggest series, selling a staggering 73 million copies worldwide. Just Dance has also performed spectacularly selling 48 million units worldwide. You can see the sales figures, below.
Worldwide best selling franchises:
- - Assassin’s Creed®: 73 million
- - Just Dance™: 48 million
- - Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®: 30 million
- - Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six®: 26 million
- - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®: 25 million
- - Petz®: 24 million
- - Rayman®: 25 million
- - Imagine™: 21 million
- - Prince of Persia®: 20 million
- - Driver®: 19 million
- - Far Cry®: 18 million
- - Rayman Raving Rabbids®: 14 million
- - The Settlers®: 10 million
- - The Experience: 9 million
- - Anno™: 5 million
- - Your Shape: 3 million
- - 3rd independent publisher in Europe
- - 3rd independent publisher in U.S.
Analyst David Gibson has revealed that the Wii U only sold 70K units during the month of March in the United States. The Xbox One sold 311K, but was beaten by the PlayStation 4 which was the best-selling console that month. The Nintendo 3DS managed to sell 159K and the original Wii sold 28K.
- PS4: Best selling platform.
- Xbox One: 311K
- 3DS: 159K
- Xbox 360: 111K
- Wii U: 70K
- Wii: 28K
- Vita: 10K
- PSP: 5K
Japanese gaming publication Famistu has published the biggest-selling video games between April 1st 2013 and April 3rd 2014. The publication was most surprised at how well Rockstar’s critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto V did. Seven of the top ten games are for Nintendo 3DS, with Wii U claiming two and PlayStation 3 one.
1. Pokemon X/Y (3DS): 4,328,008
2. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS): 3,429,862
3. Tomodachi Collection Shin Seikatsu (3DS): 1,635,099
4. Puzzle and Dragons (3DS): 1,358,548
5. Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS): 774,152
6. Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (3DS): 710,303
7. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3): 699,182
8. Wii Party U (Wii U): 697,042
9. Yokai Watch (3DS): 652,803
10. New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U): 622,502
Animal Crossing series creator Katsuya Eguchi announced at this week’s Games Developer Conference that the adorable title has sold an impressive 7.38 million copies worldwide since launch. Eguchi revealed earlier today that the development team behind Animal Crossing: New Leaf had an even gender split of male and female employees.
Estimations from Nintendo’s recent NPD figures for February suggests that the Wii U only sold 82.5K in the United States. The company said that sales of Wii U hardware increased by nearly 25 percent over the same month last year, thanks to the fantastic Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Wii U hardware in February 2013 was at 66.0K which puts sales last month at 82.5K. We’ve yet to find out how much Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo 3DS sold.
- Wii U: 82.5K
- Xbox One: 256K
- PlayStation 4: 284K
- Xbox 360: 114k
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has sold six million units worldwide. The Wii U has only shipped 5.86 million units worldwide since it launched in November 2012, according to figures provided by Nintendo as of December 31st, 2013. Sony’s PlayStation 4 launched in November 2013.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu is reporting that the PlayStation 4 has sold 322,083 units in two days in Japan. What is interesting is that the Wii U sold similar numbers when it launched in Japan back in 2012. However, it should be noted that the Wii U launched during the busy Christmas period, whereas the PlayStation 4 launched in February.
- 1998.11.27 [Sega Dreamcast] (¥29.800) – 101.490 (3 days)
- 2000.03.04 [Sony PlayStation 2] (¥39.800) – 630.552 (2 days)
- 2001.09.14 [Nintendo GameCube] (¥25.000) – 133.719 (3 days)
- 2002.02.22 [Microsoft XBox] (¥34.800) – 123.929 (3 days)
- 2005.12.10 [Microsoft XBox 360] (¥29.000 / ¥39.795) – 62.135 (2 days)
- 2006.11.11 [Sony PlayStation 3] (¥49.980 / ¥59.980) – 88.443 (2 days)
- 2006.12.02 [Nintendo Wii] (¥25.000) – 371.936 (2 days)
- 2012.12.08 [Nintendo Wii U] (¥26.250 / ¥31.500) – 308.570 (2 days)
While Retro Studio’s latest opus Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has had differing review scores from a number of publications, the game is currently number one on the Amazon best-sellers chart in Germany, Spain, and France. Donkey Kong’s latest adventure scored a mediocre 6 from GameSpot, but got a perfect ten from Destructoid.
Internet sleuths over at NeoGAF have deduced that Wii Fit U sold under 20,000 units in the US during January. Nintendo declined to give any figures regarding the game during last week’s NPD figures. The retail release of Wii Fit U launched in the US on January 10th.
Ubisoft has revealed via its financial results that Wii U titles only accounted for 2% of the company’s sales during the third quarter. Ubisoft have unsurprisingly found the best sales on current generation consoles, with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 also performing well. Ubisoft announced yesterday that they were delaying the Wii U version of Watch Dogs as they focus their efforts on the other versions.
- PlayStation 3 : 28%
- PlayStation 4: 12%
- Xbox 360: 27%
- Xbox One: 9%
- Wii: 11%
- Wii U: 2%
- PC: 10%
Thanks, Portal Dark