The recent Watch Dogs trailer has recently revealed what hacking into another player’s profile would be like, but now we’ve got it detailed in bold black typeface. You can read the entire blog post here to get a true feel for multiplayer campaign mode, but if you’d like it in succinct terms, you can find all the necessary information detailed in bullet point form below:
- All players in multiplayer mode will take control of Aiden, but to halt confusion you (as Aiden) will see your opponent as a regular NPC – this is to establish your involvement with the main protagonist, never breaking your contact with him.
- Players must hack or be hacked in this environment in a stylised cat-and-mouse chase.
- If another player tries to install a virus onto your phone, you must hunt down the hacker and infiltrate their mission before they take you down – a race against the clock as the virus percentage creeps higher.
- You can enter someone else’s game and act as a voyeur.
- You can also enter their game and act as an obstacle within their mission, ie. hit them with a car before they stop the crime. (Disabled during main and side missions, however.)
- Lots of missions in multiplayer where you must protect the other player.
- Have the ability to turn off multiplayer mode.